DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started with a yellow Lexus and did a full body kit, hood, scoops, fake carbon fiber, twin spoilers, dual exhaust and 2 tone interior with custom seats. Of course it was repainted white with gold pearl added to the clear for effect and a tire and wheel swap with black painted, red trimmed wheels. Please for those of you who dont know me, I built this to match the customers... so dont critique it as to my ability..... its identicle to the customers.

Thanks for the look.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,036 Posts
It looks sharp, John!
What do you use for the carbon fiber on the hood? Do you prefer some sort of wrap/decal or do you have a different technique for such details? Of course, if it's a trade secret, then by all means keep it secret.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Modified Japanese cars are not my cup of tea, but you did some absolutely brilliant work here. I really like the wheels, and the carbon fiber on the hood looks outstanding. Nice job!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Nice transformation, John! Looks great!

Sean

·
Registered
393 Posts
cool. Looks really nice.

Do you have a picture of the 1:1?
I did have pictures of the real car to build the diecast version but I send them back with the customers replica. Also, since I mod diecast for people all over the world I rarely do a local project which means no chance to shoot the two together. Thanks for the comment.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts