DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try and remove all the graphics off a spare CLK DTM by Maisto.
I remeber a few people here doing this mod.
Has anyone figured out how to get the tampos off the windshied?

Any areas I need to be careful on while doing the body?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :cheers

G

·
Its going to be hard to remove that windshield tampo without leaving residue, I say this from experience.

I would say NPR is going to be the only choice. But be careful as when I used NPR to remove a tampo, it smeared on to the windhsield. While cleaning it up, it left a dull windshield.

G

·
Quick question on the "acetone free NPR"...

Does this particular NPR come in certain colors...I have always been confused on that.

G

·
Also for removing the tampos off the windshields try using some thick toothpaste and an old toothbrush or your fhumb and apply a little pressure to get it to come off... Ive got pics of a bonnet that I removed the tampos off of with it somewhere... I will post them up or find the link

You will need to support the back of the screen to stop it from cracking with the back of your hand

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Ben!
I thought about trying that.
The one time I tried it I didn't have the best results with the toothpaste and had to clean it up with NPR.
It wasn't a diecast, it was a plastic clock stand with a company logo I wanted to remove.

G

·
a toothpaste with baking powder in it (or some paking powder made into a paste) will work well... that is what I used

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I bought some NPR today. Apparently, there's the pink solution and blue stuff also. I thought being a guy, blue would be the better choice....until I read the label to see that it was bubble-gum scented. :badidea I didn't think my son would be too happy about his CLK GTR smelling like gum . :lol

Anyway, tonight, my son & I had a blast of a time cleaning off the tampos. :happy We haven't done the windshields yet. The black spoiler and front air splitter has hazed over with a grayish look. :confused The rear bumper fascia has a black mark that is not wanting to come off anytime soon either. :confused :confused It looks like a car left a nasty black bumper mark on it. **grumble** Apart from that, SM Jr thinks the car looks really decent. :happy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.