DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was my birthday this past Friday and I received a lot of the diecast cars I wanted from my family and relatives. I only posted pictures of the more uncommon cars to save space. If anybody want to see more pictures, just let me know because I have them.

AUTOart Porschen 997 Carrera

This is a very nice car. It has a lot of detail and is a major improvement over the previous Porsches. The only flaw I can find is those hard plastic seats.

CMC Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren

This is my first model with real leather seats and all the cool bells and whistles. This car is impressive and it is hard to believe they put so much effort into a 1:18 car. The tires are the best I have ever seen on any model car and the interior is luxury. The only problem I have is the hood doesn't close perfectly all of the time.

Kyosho BMW 3 Series

Another excellent BMW by Kyosho. The color is very unique on this car. That is pretty much all there is to say!

Kyosho BMW 5 Touring

Here is another excellent BMW by Kyosho. It has the same detail as the 5 series sedan but it has a hatchback. The only thing is my hatchback doesn't stay up on its own.

Kyosho BMW X5 Facelift

This model I am a little disappointed in. I was very excited when I saw Kyosho was releasing the new X5 because their first attempt I really disliked. To start with the good, the exterior is very nicely done. The front really captures the facelift of the X5 well. The rear would be just as nice too if only there weren't giant attachment stubs in the rear lights. The paint on mine has a lot of blemishes as well. Now we move onto the interior. Kyosho just did a little too much cost cutting for my liking. The navigation system is still from the old X5 and they didn't add the panorama sunroof. It s basically a cut and paste from the old to the new. They still didn't add any windows to it either. The best part of the interior is the wood trim. It is one of the most accurate ones I have seen.

Lane Chevrolet El Camino

This is a very nice model as well. It is my first Lane and it definitely won't be my last. They even put the spare tire behind the passenger seat!

Yat Ming Chevrolet Bel-Air

This is nice for a budget model. I like this car a lot!

The other cars I got was a Maisto Chrysler 300C, Maisto Lexus SC430 Playerz, and Minichamps Aston Martin DB9. Here is a group shot:

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Very nice catches, there! I can sympathize with you about Kyosho paint problems. My M5 was a bit of a letdown in that respect. Otherwise, they make great models. Does the SLR look accurate to you?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
:happybd Mark! You've got a great bunch of family and relatives that not only know what you appreciate but will go to the extra trouble to find it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks! I don't see any problems with the SLR. Everything looks fine except for the hood. As for the X5, that is the first problem I ever had with Kyosho paint and I have many Kyosho models.

Mark! You've got a great bunch of family and relatives that not only know what you appreciate but will go to the extra trouble to find it!
Thanks! They really did go the extra mile to get me some nice diecast! :yahoo

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Tremendous gifts!

Would your familiy like to adopt a 40something older brother for you? :giggle

Strangly, I like the Touring and the El Camino the best :cheers

G

·
Hello Mark

There are some great birthday presents there! :cool

When you close the bonnet/hood of the SLR, make sure that it is actually straight before pushing down on it. This may take a couple of attempts but it will stop the hinges being bent and/or the paint in the engine bay and under the hood being damaged.

:cheers

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody. The Lane El Camino is one of my favorites!

jwp79, the driver side always lines up correctly. I always have to push the passenger side into place. I have only opened the hood twice since I got. I leave that one on the shelf and don't touch it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts