DiecastXchange Forum banner

Lotus Esprit Type 79 - AUTOart

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  splendide 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lotus Esprit Type 79 - AUTOart

An older AUTOart replicating a great car. The model is decent. Not alot of details, but great shape, paint and rims. Sadly, no opening front light and the doors open at a small angle.

Pretty ok for a 10 year old diecast.

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice one ciprian - you really have captured some good angles.

This is one of the first AAs that i acquired - to be swiftly followed by a white Turbo and an Essex. in blue.
I think AUTOart have really nailed the stance and character of the '79 (though the engine I M O is pants!!) - however for an older model it really is good value at todays prices.

#10 ·
What kind of unholy dark arts did you use to get that bloody engine cover off?

This little Lotus really is tough to beat at the price they can be scooped up for.
Well mine was just flopping around in the back when mine arrived - but believe me when i took a look at the engine I put it back on pronto!!

#11 ·
The egine may not look nice but it accurate, its a Vauxhall unit with a Lotus head and was used in the large saoon cars and Bedford vans. Lotus gave it a new life, I had a Bedford CF van with a Lotus turbo engine in for a number of years it was a fast van and surprised many a car driver. I'd have love a Lotus but at 6'2" I could never get comfortable in one so I never purchased one. The model is a very good good looking model and I do like your images.

#14 ·
I just bought similar and second-handed Lotus. The colors is yellow as this one.

I´m quite excited, will I be happy for the model because it´s so old and doesn´t fit the modern Autoart-models which has pop-up lights and other stuff. But the price was only 24 euros so I hope i made good bargain.

What do you think, will these first Autoart-models be someday rare and pricey?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.