DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Justin, where did you see/read that? Are they kits? (which they have the rights to do). Any more info would be appreciated. Are you sure is not the old releases?
Al

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Well, I saw it on some site called Svetmodel, and they were kits, only in red, with the new Ferrari boxes, so I think they are new :cheers

I'll try and find the link :cheers

EDIT:

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
LUW said:
I think these are an old release, because on the box you can't see Hot Wheels's logo.
I think that these are new releases of old molds. The TRUs around here have all of the maisto Ferrari kits in 1/24 and the boxes look just like those. And according to the Maisto website they have the rights to make Ferreri's in kit form in all scales.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So they are new :cheers :cool1

I've been wanting to get either a Maisto or Bburago F50

How is the detail on these?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
If it is the same thing as the pre-assembled cars, I would say so-so. Check out MW that I have the red barchetta reviewed.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Luciano :cheers

Good review :cheers

Doesn't seem to be that bad of a car :confused

Maybe I'll find one at Walmart tommorow :giggle

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Glad you liked it Justin. Guess we can't complain much about that car. The alternative is Hot Wheels, so...
:scared

·
Registered
852 Posts
I know that Maisto produced the F50 on 1/18 a few years ago (model!! not assemble)

it's a nice model, but i think the Bburago (that i have) has better deatils, most of it goes for the engine!
Here some engine pics of my Bburago F50, i think Ronan have the Maisto model..
Click for large pics

Here is exact models that maisto prodeced: (from SCALE18)

G

·
Maisto has a current license from Ferrari to produce ONLY model kits. They were allowed this because (at present at least) Mattel has no interest in doing kits. As many of you appear to know Maisto used to do Ferraris prior to the exclusivity being given to Mattel (they did the 348, F50, and 550 that I recall). From the looks of these kits I'd say they are simply using their old molds and putting them unassembled in the boxes to make the "kits". Not sure if we will see kits from them of new subjects or of they will simple do the ones they had done in years past.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Wow! Thats some good news. Hope Maisto can make the 355 in 1:18 now. They make one in 1:24. So maybe the bigger scale is not a distant dream for us anymore. That should stop the dacoits on Evilbay from selling their UT 355s for king's ransoms.

G

·
are the kits more expensive than assembeld versions?

and would thes ehave better piant jobs or poorly sprayed interior body panels like the older Maistos?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts