DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle gifted my 2 year old this and predictably he dropped it and the door has popped away from the hinge and now it won't close. Can this be repaired?

I know practically nothing about diecast models but my son is obsessed with cars and he keeps saying 'broke, broke' so any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
More than likely you can take it apart on the bottom and see how the dog legs are on the doors. My guess is that the driver side is bent so if you can carefully put the dog legs in a vice and bent them back into position you might win. More than likely the metal is bent and will break upon more adjustement otherwise just glue the door shut with some loctite. Models can't take the abuse from kids, the metal is softer now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More than likely you can take it apart on the bottom and see how the dog legs are on the doors. My guess is that the driver side is bent so if you can carefully put the dog legs in a vice and bent them back into position you might win. More than likely the metal is bent and will break upon more adjustement otherwise just glue the door shut with some loctite. Models can't take the abuse from kids, the metal is softer now.
Thank you! It's definitely not built for toddlers, not sure what my uncle was thinking 😆. Even if I fix it, something else could break. I'll see what I can do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts