DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've found a few of these Maisto GT1s available and was wondering if they were a decent model. $22 each. The #25, #26, and Zakspeed cars. :feedback

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
22USD is normal prices these models go for.

They're good for the price, but of course not as good as AUTOart/KY/Minichamps's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all 3 and theyre pretty nice for the money . Not as good as the UT versions but then Maisto are the only ones that produce the 1998 GT1 . At least the Maistos are Tampo printed and not decalled .

Personally , I dont think you can go wrong with any of the Maisto GT Series . :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
If you have the hots for the '98 Le Mans version of the GT1, Maisto is the only one that makes them in 1:18. I bought mine from a local department store for C$28 (about the same price as yours) and I'm pretty happy with them.

I've got some bigger pics of them in 800x530 pixels halfway down my page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, I'll probably pick one up then. I've found a few budget models to put into my next purchase.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Thanks Felix. :cheers
Be sure to detail the wheel rims with a silver pen. This tip was given by J Racer. Where is he btw? Maisto skipped this little detail by coloring both the rims and the spokes in gold.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
:lol Bernard. The Porsche GT1 was my first racing model. I remember playing with this car on my window sill. It remained there all night. That was the only model which has ever remained out like that. The others were quickly stowed inside the cabinet till I had the time to really admire them again.
I really never knew about the history of this car till I got onto the net a few months later. Imagine my joy when I knew I had the replica of a winner. That was some fluke.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, folks. You've all convinced me to drop more cash...the next bulk order comes on Tuesday! :lol

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Tim, I really like them :happy
I have 3 and I wish they made more.

After you get the GT1's and the CLK DTM's you could start on the Audis :giggle

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.