DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's a rare diecast that has no issues whatsoever. I am pretty tolerant, and I don't scruple to glue broken mirrors, or even a rear axle. But this is something else.

I just opened a new Gallardo Spyder from Sam's Club, and found...

this:

(Pardon the hairy knee in the picture.)

(Yes, that's me and the Mrs. in the background.)

I'm returning this thing to Sam's Club this evening. I hope they have another one.

And no, the wheel is not in the box, or I'd pop it back on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Justin, the box was looking mint. The car was still in its straps -- as you can see from the photos.

All's well that ends well. Sam's took it back and gave me a new one. And I picked up a Maisto Ford F-150 truck for my 4-year-old. Let him bang it around if he wants to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd be surprised if it was stolen. When I got a new one with 4 wheels, and tried to remove them to paint the brakes, I had so much trouble I decided not to do it. I'm pretty sure the 3-wheeled car was shipped that way.

· Registered
5,305 Posts
Good to hear that Sam's Club gave you a new model. This is strange because I've been buying Maisto models for a long time now and never had a missing parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.