DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts

Paint

The paint is heavy and the door handles are almost lost in the heavy paint. Theres some wavyiness & orange peel too.
The tampos on the car look decent.

6/8

Exterior

The gaps are slightly off in places, but not too much. The trunk , engine cover & doors open (also note, they're all diecast unlike some of the other high end manufacturers). The emblems & side markers are tampos, which are done very well. The doors have the newer hinge style , instead of the dog legs. The front trunk opens but theres nothing there, just more black plastic. The "wire mesh" grills are nothing but solid plastic, Idon't think it'd be too hard to cut these pieces out and put actual wire mesh there.

5/8

Interior

If you like grey interiors, this is the car for you, everything is grey. The only tampos in the interior are the instrument gauges , shifter gate, seat belt holder(but no seat belts), tip of the e-brake & the buttons for the A/C. Then theres the softball sized gear shifter :? . Not much detail in the interior overall, some paint would go along way. Very toyish interior. Maisto can do better.

3/8

Wheels/Brakes

The wheels & tires are nicely done. The brake discs are chrome plated and the black calipers with "Lamborghini" script are molded in. The brakes don't turn with the wheels.

4/6

Engine/Chassis

At least the engine is a seperate assembly then in the 350Z. Detail is ok , but they could've added more. The exhaust is chrome plated and the trans pan & trans cooler are molded into the chassis. The suspension works & detail is OK .

5/8

Competition

AUTOart has one that is much better(although at 3 times the price)

3/6

Desirability

If you need a Gallardo RIGHT NOW, here it is, its not bad. If you can wait for a better version, wait for the AUTOart. This car should be easy enough to find for $10-15.

3/6

Overall

The only reason I bought this is because , like the 350Z, this will become another police car. I'm not too fond of the new direction of design that the Audis...oops...Lamborghinis are going in .

29/50

G

·
Thanks for the review, Scott.

The interior does look incredibly toylike. I might just wait it out for the AUTOart.

G

·
Scott,

Thanks for posting the review. :mrgreen:

AS the wheels and brakes are some of the nicest features of this model, I would have possibly scored them a little bit higher. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
65 Posts
My first reaction when I saw that interior pic was...

WTF??

I didn't even realize it was this bad when I saw the model in person! :knutkck: :???:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thanks again for the review, Scott. :mrgreen:
I heard that Maisto's Gallardo was a bad model but I didn't expect it to be this bad, especially on the interior. :cry: :cry: I'm definitely going to wait (impatiently) for AUTOart's version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts