DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some free time yesterday at work and decided to work on this one. The wheels are from the gold Z-tuned, painted black and silver. And 3 coils removed from the rear suspension and 2 from the front to lower.

·
Wake Work Sleep
173 Posts
Looking good! How did you keep the silver lip on the edge? I've seen several cars with that and i'm a little confused as to how you tape it off.

Also what about adding some black eyelids to that Z?

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gafotes said:
Looking good! How did you keep the silver lip on the edge? I've seen several cars with that and i'm a little confused as to how you tape it off.

Also what about adding some black eyelids to that Z?
I did not keep them silver since the original wheels were all gold. I painted them silver. Before you think I have a surgeons steady hand, I cheated.
I got hobby-vice (the kind that has two alligator clips on them) I put the wheel on a spare maisto axle and put it in one side of the vice. On the other side of the vice I clip the paint pen (or use it to keep it steady). I then touch the wheel with the paint pen and with my free hand, I just spin the wheel to get a steady rim of paint.

Confused yet? It sounds harder than it is. I will take pics next time I do it and maybe post a tutorial.

About the headlights, now that you mention it, I think I will add a black seal to them. Thanks for the tip. :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks MB! I should also point out that the wheels were painted all black first (and that the tires where removed while all this was done). :lol

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A nephew saw this mod and wanted, but I found out he liked the silver wheels, I took the wheels off it swapped them with this silver one. Now the wheels live on on this model. The original pics must have gotten lost.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.