DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried making a maisto Z06 into a convertible, I got a black kit, but I need the insert that goes between the seats. Could I use a black bburago C5 convertible and take the insert out and glue it into the Z06? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Reply, PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wished I could've taken the "waterfall" section from a Convertible C5 Vette from Maisto but when I went to do it, I found out it wasn't a piece, it was a part of the car. So when I did my Convertible Guldstrand Z06 I just left it open for now . . . if I come up on another Maisto Convertible i might cut it up for the waterfall.

Here is the pic of my Convertible Guldstrand Z06:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few years ago, I used a waterfall from a Bburago and mated it to a Maisto C5. It took lots of action from a Dremel as Bburago's waterfall is made of diecast metal and thicker than the Maisto metal.

I would suggest using a waterfall from a Maisto convertible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only problem with using a Maisto C5 is they don't have a black one, and I really don't want to have to paint one as I am TERRIBLE at painting, thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts