DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, the Corvette Mako Shark has been on my list for long, and finally I got news that AUTOart's model would be available down here maybe next month. But today JRO found out one form UT, for only US$ 50,00. When AUTOart's car arrive it will be probably cost around $65 to 70,00. For those who have seen both, or have them, do you think AUTOart's version is a lot better then UT's?
:feedback

G

·
I don't think AUTOart's Mako Shark has been released here... at least here in US. However, the price for one should be inline with all but Maybach in AUTOart's Mill. Division.

As for UT, it's extremely good for the money (under 25 dollars). If the price is a bit higher, I still would pay for it. However, I am sure AUTOart's version would be much better than UT's. If the price difference is 10 and 15 dollars as you indicated, I'd wait for AUTOart.

JMHO.

Happy Collecting!

G

·
Nevermind.. they are out in US. However, I probably did not order any...

Anyways, http://www.please support DX Advertisers![/URL] has plenty of pictures of the Shark by AUTOart. As for UT, I am sure someone here has pictures of it.

Sorry for the mis-info.

G

·
I have two UT's and one MM and I have looked at the AUTOart version closely last year when it came out. The only difference is the coloring on the exhaust pipes of the AUTOart model and slightly different color of carpeting in the trunk. Everything else is the same - fit, finish, color... :cheers

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I don't know about the AUTOart version (I haven't seen it yet) but from what Louis said I'd say the UT version if it is in mint condition might be just as good a buy. I have the UT version myself and it is one of the best models they made I believe.

Having said all that, if the difference in price is only about $15 or so then it may well be worth going for the AUTOart. Then again, I presume the UT has more rarity value. Decisions, decisions!!!! :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Decisions, decisions...
I am responsible for LUW's doubt.
:giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle
The facts are :
Ut's are rare, specially here in Brasil,
Auto Arts will arrive in our lands only in the next 2 / 3 months,
This UT model is in mint condition - I saw it,
These are the facts....
Decisions, decisions.....
:tempted :tempted :tempted

G

·
UT's are rare but in this case, since the models are identical, I don't think it really matters. If AUTOart re-released the McLaren F1 models, do you think the UT's would still be selling on eBay for over $100? I don't think they would. That's how Ertl made many collectors very unhappy, by re-releasing old models. :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When the AUTOart arrive's it will be for around $80, and not $65 to 70 as I said earlier. And if the only difference is blued-out pipes, for $30 bucks I'll go with UT. Now I just hope that JRO can the deal for me.

G

·
LUW said:
When the AUTOart arrive's it will be for around $80, and not $65 to 70 as I said earlier. And if the only difference is blued-out pipes, for $30 bucks I'll go with UT. Now I just hope that JRO can the deal for me.
If I remember correctly, UT's version does not come with wired engine. On top of that, the trunk is sealed. Also, I think UT's version comes with doglegged door hinge (correct me if I am wrong)?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
louis said:
LUW said:
If I remember correctly, UT's version does not come with wired engine. On top of that, the trunk is sealed. Also, I think UT's version comes with doglegged door hinge (correct me if I am wrong)?
Wrong!!! :lol :lol :lol :cheers (You did say to correct you!!! :lol )

My UT Mako Shark actually has an opening trunk and spring hinged as opposed to dog leg hinged doors (so they do open in a realistic fashion and no dog legs are visible in the cockpit). There is no wiring in the engine however, so that is one deficiency compared to the newer AUTOart version.

G

·
Ronan said:
louis said:
LUW said:

My UT Mako Shark actually has an opening trunk and spring hinged as opposed to dog leg hinged doors (so they do open in a realistic fashion and no dog legs are visible in the cockpit). There is no wiring in the engine however, so that is one deficiency compared to the newer AUTOart version.
:lol That's one of the problem for not being able to display my collection. Since I have so many, I can't remember what some of them looks like other thn from the pix I took.

As for the trunk, is it carpeted in UT's version? I don't remember.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
louis said:
Ronan said:
louis said:
LUW said:

:lol That's one of the problem for not being able to display my collection. Since I have so many, I can't remember what some of them looks like other thn from the pix I took.

As for the trunk, is it carpeted in UT's version? I don't remember.
:lol :lol :lol I was the same until I built my large display cabinets, but when they fill up in a few years I will have the same old problems again.... :eek:hmy

I just checked and yes, there is carpeting in the trunk. All in all it was a great model by UT!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
LUW said:
Thanks guys! I have to be grateful to JRO again for getting me (again) such a cool car.
Gentleman,
I believe that Luciano forgot to tell you about my comission,
his Exoto's Sauber will be OK......
:band :wave :wave :band

G

·
JRO said:
LUW said:
Thanks guys! I have to be grateful to JRO again for getting me (again) such a cool car.
Gentleman,
I believe that Luciano forgot to tell you about my comission,
his Exoto's Sauber will be OK......
:band :wave :wave :band
That's a small token of appreciation... very nice of you LUW... :lol

G

·
nice car :cheers

I heard the UT is becoming rare everywhere these days

is the wired engine the only improvement AUTOart made?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts