DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the community but have been collecting die cast for many years. I'm looking for any insight on "boxing errors" and how rare something may be? Thanks in advance!

Nate R.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Do you mean a model in the wrong box? I would suspect not worth much, swapping models between boxes is easily done. It might be different on one of those Hot Wheels-style 1/64 blister packs, if a single batch were put on the wrong card or something because they're obviously sealed. It would help to know what model and what error

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I think we had that question come up recently.

If memory serves me right, in that case it was a damaged model in a wrong box at a mega chain store. Appeared as though someone had swapped out the good model and then taken the broken one back for a refund.

And I agree, specific information would help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The product in question is I have a Jada Toys, 2016 F&F 1:24 scale box printed as "Brian's Mitsubishi Eclipse" but the car in the box is the Skyline GT-R34 from 2 Fast to Furious. I have other similar boxes of that collection and I can't see any tampering and I also see the manufacturer tape used in the other boxes matches the box in question...

·
Administrator
33,636 Posts
Probably about $10 - $20 more than a normal one, unless it's the holy grail to collectors or two people on ebay see it and really want it, then you might get more than you think.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I can't see a model like that being worth any more than a normal one if it's only in an outer box from a different model, it's just too easy to swap the boxes over. If there were some kind of misprint on the box, or it had a sealed blister with the wrong information, and they'd only made a few with the error, then that might interest a collector. The only way I can think of that this might be worth more is if it says "Eclipse" on the box but the barcode (or some other information) is for the GT-R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for you insight on the matter.

Update...

I contacted Jada Toys INC in California and the representative there asked for pictures and to have their QC have a closer look but I'd have to send it to Hong Kong. The representative did say it is more than likely a factory error but couldn't specify how often these types of things happen. The representative stated that not very many consumers reach out to them and if they do it's one or two a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The product in question is I have a Jada Toys, 2016 F&F 1:24 scale box printed as "Brian's Mitsubishi Eclipse" but the car in the box is the Skyline GT-R34 from 2 Fast to Furious. I have other similar boxes of that collection and I can't see any tampering and I also see the manufacturer tape used in the other boxes matches the box in question...
I have Brian's green mistishibi in right box but his name upside down any idea what's it worth

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Printing mistake etc probably means something in the world of banknotes/coins/stamps collecting but probably means nothing in the toy collecting world. Maybe mistakes like that means something for the hotwheels crowd for being rare and all but if i receive a supposedly realistic representation of a car i like in a scaled down form with glaring error i will be mighty pissed. Either i would attempt to correct myself or take it back to the shop to swap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
being a 1/24, it wouldnt be that much more valuable than original list price. Its not a scale often collected in diecast - or now resin (but plastic put together models is a common scale)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts