DiecastXchange Forum banner
141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Thanks for the compliment, Marios!
From what you‘ve shown us so far I think your collection is already breathtaking and does not need to hide at all!! (y)

I have only about 60 models left and I would still like to reduce a bit more.
However from time to time I find something very tempting new like the AMG Vision GT and so there is a continuous exchange.
Many models I have shown are not longer with me but of course there is a kind of „hard core“ of my collection - keepers that I would never let go…
This fascinating world of model cars is also a dangerous one... you can easily go out of budget or think nothing else than models all day. I've gone through those paths and it's not something that i enjoyed. I'm reaching my top goal of 250 models without selling one at the moment but i fear that i'll go through that phase also as new models continously coming out almost every 3-4 months. It's like a barrel without bottom that you must set the limit and place a barrier regardless of how much you enjoy the sweet wine this barrel contains.
For now i'm just filling up the barrel, but i'm sure that this will stop one day and it will be so hard to find the way to sell the precious content...

·
Registered
13 Posts
This fascinating world of model cars is also a dangerous one... you can easily go out of budget or think nothing else than models all day. I've gone through those paths and it's not something that i enjoyed. I'm reaching my top goal of 250 models without selling one at the moment but i fear that i'll go through that phase also as new models continously coming out almost every 3-4 months. It's like a barrel without bottom that you must set the limit and place a barrier regardless of how much you enjoy the sweet wine this barrel contains.
For now i'm just filling up the barrel, but i'm sure that this will stop one day and it will be so hard to find the way to sell the precious content...
I DEFINITELY need to start commenting more so I can get into the sales forum before you start selling off some of these gems 😂

Like everyone else, I have thoroughly enjoyed your very large collection. Not sure if it has been asked already - how many do you have on display versus kept in storage?

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
I DEFINITELY need to start commenting more so I can get into the sales forum before you start selling off some of these gems 😂

Like everyone else, I have thoroughly enjoyed your very large collection. Not sure if it has been asked already - how many do you have on display versus kept in storage?
UNFORTUNATELY @kstone, it was mentioned some posts above, everything is in storage at the moment due to an upcoming move out to a new place where a special showroom will be made for 250-300 models.
So it will take some time untill i sell something. I need to display them first :eek: o_O
Nevertheless, i'm really happy that you like them through my photos! :D

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
@Marios , you should work as a sales agent for a 1/18 model supplier! Based on your outstanding photo's I would buy all of the models in an instant! LOL!
I believe you could make terrible BBurago models look pretty. :D
So this is a challenge!!!!:D:D:D👌👌
I have some 1/24 Bburago for my son!!! I'll give it a try in a studio some day (i've done it in open environment 🤣🤣🤣)
Thank you for your comment @ASpaans ! I'm really flattered!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Another great additions (y) 250GT is my favorite, I'm lucky enough to have the street version for about 7 years. Not a big fan of 275GTB's design but your excellent pics make me reconsider ;)
Thank you very much @Cristi ! You're always so polite! I couldn't find the street version for a fair price, but i'll keep searching. My next goal though, is to find the maserati 300s...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thank you @AJG185 ! Gt Spirits are worthing every dollar you'll spend for them! Unfortunately the TopSpeed has many imperfections! I was very disappointed with that model. I don't think i can place it next to the other supercars from BBR, MR or AutoArt.
Sorry to hear about the TopSpeed Senna. Maybe you should trade it for one that's either BBR or AUTOart. Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
The GMP Roadrunner looks great, one of the best resto-mod models that I've seen.

Looks like GT Spirit did a great job on the 720S, it looks spot on.
You are totaly right! The "Hammer" looks awesome, and the detail of the engine is similar to CMC, Exoto etc. As far as the Gt Spirits i couldn't beleive that they would look so perfect lacking the small imperfections of other Gt Spirit models. I can place them near other high end resins without a problem. TopSpeed had a lot of issues (they are somehow invisible after photoshop processing) but there are still there, mainly at the back wing.

141 - 160 of 168 Posts