DiecastXchange Forum banner
161 - 180 of 232 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Hello Marios,

I don't mean to copy the whole series of pictures but man, those photographs are sharp. Playing with lighting...
Congratulations for your collection and photograph skills...

Eric B.
I'm really happy that you like them Eric! I always try to give the best of me in a photoshooting and always try for improvement. It's very encouraging to hear your kind comments especially when a single studio photoshooting, from the very start until the final post here, may take 10th of hours of work. Thank you very much indeed!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great shots @Marios! I love the image with the headlight glow! I really like these vettes regardless of their utter gutlessness (California edition especially). And I believe 82 was the first year the rear glass hatch opened.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 · (Edited)
The next two models may be nearly visual identical but yet unique!
The, so much anticipated, Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota, and his older brother, the Lamborghini Diablo VT. Both made by Autoart using the latest composite technology for the Jota versus the oldest and much more heavier "perfomance series" VT with mostly metallic parts.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Toy
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Wheel Motor vehicle Toy Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Car Automotive design
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting
Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel
Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car
Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Grille Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Toy Hood Automotive tire
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille
Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there. Lotta models but do you discern between them? You mention photography being your hobby, so are the models just the means to make photographs and any four wheeled vehicle will do or do you actually prefer some models over the others? What do you look at more often- the models or the photos?

Perusing through your collection thread, made me curious about these questions. I mean I myself started buying models because I was always into car design and knew that no photo captured the three-dimentionality of the shapes I liked the way only a model could... I also take pleasure at being selective- budget is not an issue but space is, so gotta be discerning; then one of the pleasures is choosing the color, and if the model is worth at all to add if based on a mediocre car (like all current production Lambos and Paganis, for example).
Anyways- good luck in your collecting! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 · (Edited)
Hi there. Lotta models but do you discern between them? You mention photography being your hobby, so are the models just the means to make photographs and any four wheeled vehicle will do or do you actually prefer some models over the others? What do you look at more often- the models or the photos?

Perusing through your collection thread, made me curious about these questions. I mean I myself started buying models because I was always into car design and knew that no photo captured the three-dimentionality of the shapes I liked the way only a model could... I also take pleasure at being selective- budget is not an issue but space is, so gotta be discerning; then one of the pleasures is choosing the color, and if the model is worth at all to add if based on a mediocre car (like all current production Lambos and Paganis, for example).
Anyways- good luck in your collecting! Cheers!
Hi there! That's an odd comment! As a photographer i'm able to distingish the beauty of things! Models are not "just" the means to make photographs. This is almost rude to say to someone you don't even know, especially a photographer! I shoot many pictures per month of various themes, and among them, are photos of my models. Believe me i don't need my models to take photos. This one was shot 2 weeks ago.

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Lightning Thunder

As for your other questions, of course i choose some models over others. I choose everything that my eyes see beauty in it, whether this is a 3$ 1/64 hot wheels or an 1000$ 1/18 CMC.
For me, it's almost blasphemy to state in public, that current production of Lambos and Paganis is consisted of mediocre cars. The aspect of how we see things here, is tottally different.
As far as i remember myself when i was a little boy, i've always starring at a beautiful car, and now was finaly the time to collect some of them (or a lot of them). To combine photography with diecast collection is a bonus for me as i want to reflect as much beauty as possible to a 2D space and share it with the community that also loves this kind of hobby. I don't know if those efforts had a possitive impact to you, as you never mentioned whether you like the photos or not, but according to other comments, i believe i'm on a good track into this.
Good luck in your collection either!
Cheers

161 - 180 of 232 Posts