DiecastXchange Forum banner
101 - 120 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Marios,

I can see you have an amazing collection here!
We share the same interest in models like modern supercars and 'golden oldies'.
Do you also have pictures of how you store them? like in the display cabinets?
I expect that would be an awesome view!

Keep up the works with the photography. (y)

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 · (Edited)
Hi Marios,

I can see you have an amazing collection here!
We share the same interest in models like modern supercars and 'golden oldies'.
Do you also have pictures of how you store them? like in the display cabinets?
I expect that would be an awesome view!

Keep up the works with the photography. (y)
Thank you @ASpaans ! We 've schedulled moving in to a completely new place. A new showroom will be constructed as well. So for the time being everything is stored in boxes after the photoshoot. A LOT OF BOXES. So maybe i'm the only collector in this Earth, who buys, shoots, and stores in boxes instead of a showroom. I see the models for a few hours during the photoshoot and then nothing:(:cry:. But when everything is ready (i hope within 2023) i'll share the new showroom with all of you. I'm sure when everything is ready the feeling will be like having 250+ NEW models coming out of boxes and stored for the first time in their proper place! Until then, the only thing i can share is an underground parking place full of boxes in black garden bags.:eek::eek::eek:

Grey Wood Automotive design Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you @ASpaans ! We 've schedulled moving in to a completely new place. A new showroom will be constructed as well. So for the time being everything is stored in boxes after the photoshoot. A LOT OF BOXES. So maybe i'm the only collector in this Earth, who buys, shoots, and stores in boxes instead of a showroom. I see the models for a few hours during the photoshoot and then nothing:(:cry:. But when everything is ready (i hope within 2023) i'll share the new showroom with all of you. I'm sure when everything is ready the feeling will be like having 250+ NEW models coming out of boxes and stored for the first time in their proper place! Until then, the only thing i can share is an underground parking place full of boxes in black garden bags.:eek::eek::eek:
Haha, not the showroom I expected!

Good luck with the moving, I am curious how your REAL showroom will look like!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Frankly? I for one.

It’s impressive for sure but having that much models on display kind of looses the focus IMO.
The beauty and the details of the single diecast gem is getting lost in this sensory overload.
But is of course only my personal 2 cents and I know that many collectors feel differently…

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Frankly? I for one.

It’s impressive for sure but having that much models on display kind of looses the focus IMO.
The beauty and the details of the single diecast gem is getting lost in this sensory overload.
But is of course only my personal 2 cents and I know that many collectors feel differently…
What would you suggest?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Depends on many parameters like available room (including light), budget and of course most importantly personal preference.
In general „less is more“ is always a good advice - if you ask me…

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Depends on many parameters like available room (including light), budget and of course most importantly personal preference.
In general „less is more“ is always a good advice - if you ask me…
I see your point. I'm not fan of placing models side by side without leaving any space between them. Space is the key to that, especially if you have 200+ models. I want to use 50m² of room space for that cause, including the photo equipment. But all these are in my mind for now... but as Freud said "Thought is action in rehearsal"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Frankly? I for one.

I can understand your reasoning. Some space between the models make them more special, they look more exclusive.
Just look at expensive brand shops like cartier, prada etc, there are not so many items on display. In those cases because the items are expensive and limited editions, it represent exclusiveness.

I can also see that it should not look like a toy shop, it should look like a display of collector items.

But if you just look at the cabinets of Rob's showroom (without the models how he placed them), that I would love to have to display my own models.
I am not in the position to have such a showroom, and I guess like most of us. I am just using IKEA display cabinets...

Vehicle Shelf Automotive design Automotive lighting Luggage and bags

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I can understand your reasoning. Some space between the models make them more special, they look more exclusive.
Just look at expensive brand shops like cartier, prada etc, there are not so many items on display. In those cases because the items are expensive and limited editions, it represent exclusiveness.

I can also see that it should not look like a toy shop, it should look like a display of collector items.

But if you just look at the cabinets of Rob's showroom (without the models how he placed them), that I would love to have to display my own models.
I am not in the position to have such a showroom, and I guess like most of us. I am just using IKEA display cabinets...

View attachment 273830
Even in that IKEA cabinet, they look great!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Fantastic shots once again! I regret never buying the stingray when I had the chance many years ago. I don't even recall why I didn't, but likely had to do with money (or the overspending of it!).

Just a clarification, it's a '69 Stingray. The beloved '67 were a different body design.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Fantastic shots once again! I regret never buying the stingray when I had the chance many years ago. I don't even recall why I didn't, but likely had to do with money (or the overspending of it!).

Just a clarification, it's a '69 Stingray. The beloved '67 were a different body design.
Thank you once again for your kind comments! And you are correct! It's '69! My bad!!!

101 - 120 of 220 Posts