DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my latest completed project, the ALMS Maserati MC12 #35. Just a brief intro, this model is based on a Hotwheels Maserati MC12. I don't know much about this car as I am don't follow ALMS(more of a F1 nut), but I just fell in love with this car ever since the first time I saw the pictures of it. Anyway, here is a general idea of what I've modded:

- Body Repaint
- Customized Decals
- Engine
- Engine bonnet
- Rear GT Wing
- Mirrors
- Custom Front and Rear grille
- Exhausts
- Rear Diffuser
- Front and Rear Fender Flares
- Interior
- Added Windows
- Resizing front grille opening
- Front spoiler
- Wheels and Brakes

And here are some pics..

More pics of this model and others can be seen on my website. Just click on my banner :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone order from you? :lol

Beautiful really amazing work :nicejob

I prefer that F40 you had done, but this is superbly cool. Really well done :nicejob

A question, how do you feel when you finish such a custom?

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
OMG! AMAZING mod! :cheers

I agree with Burn, can we order this from you? :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You pulled it of quite nicely ApeGen! Congratulations on a job well done! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

If this is an entry, you got my vote on this one (instead) :giggle

:cheers

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Brilliant transformation AG. :nicejob :nicejob The wheels look like the R8 wheels. Is that right? I think you should go in for a wider rear wing. This one looks a little too narrow in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
As always, you do masterful mod work AG! I find the race version of this car much nicer looking that the road version. :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob Your fender flares look really good. Did they take you a long time to make & shape?

As for Winston's comment about the width of the wing, I suppose it could be ever so slightly wider. But something tells me that finding a better donor spoiler may be tough.

(photo courtesy of motorosport.com)
rear view of MC12

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice job :nicejob

I personally dont like the roadcar , (too ugly for me) but the race car looks a bit better . Amazing talent you have AG , I think this one is as good as the F40, if not better.

It should do well in DX custom of the year :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:nicejob You did it again! Im completely blown away!!

I love the paint and the crescent on the top. You also did a great job on the interior especially!

:cheers :310

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yupyup I got the wheels from an R8, even though they are not exactly the same as the ones on the 1:1, but thats the closest I could get...

As for the wing, I think bigger would look better too, but since the real one uses a small wing like that too.. i guess i have no choice :( And like Felix said, maybe i couldve made it a tiny bit bigger :tempted

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.