DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

Here is my pride and joy at the moment :giggle Although I managed to hammer my thumb a few times in the process, my cabinets are finally up on the wall. It took me a long time to decide on what type of display I want in the living room, but with an OK from my girlfriend, IKEA Bertby was the winner.

The coffee table is something we ran into at a local HomeGoods store. I'm sure it wasn't designed for it, but it fits 20 models perfectly :happy

I need more wall space!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
OMG!!!! :hot That is a stunning set-up! I can imagine the joy it brings just sitting down having a coffee, looking up and seeing that magnificent display. And beautifully lit too! Then, when placing your coffee cup gently onto the table, you are confronted with even more stunning cars!

That is an impressive display. Awesome stuff! :nicejob :happy :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That's an incredible display, Matt - well done!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

You did an excellent job!!!! You're lucky to have a comprehensive girlfriend! :giggle

G

·
:3tens that is quite something Matt. :nicejob
are those spots inside the cab?are you concerned about paint -fade on the cars.
i would love to have a display like that in my lounge :hot

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
awesome display Matt !!! :nicejob ..too bad you were not in time for the DX display of the year....but next year !!...Congrats.... :cheers

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Very nice but as you said, you need more walls and that is the problem. You have only 9 x 8 = 72 models and this is really wasting with place. I have in about a half place about two times more models (1/18 of course). but otherwise the cabinets look really very nice.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wall space is so limited... I had to move my movie poster collection and my 500+ DVDs to make room for the display cases. Ultimately, I would love to move into a house with a large basement :giggle

You are right about the count Lazard. 72 is what I have on the wall. I could put 1 more on each cabinet to make it 82, but the models on the top shelf would block the light too much. I had to make a sacrifice there....

Stevie, I'm careful not to leave the spot lights on for too long. Also, I'm planning not to put old UT models with decals up near the top!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
WOWZERS!! Does that ever look astounding Matt! :3tens Those Bertby's do a great job of showing off 1:18 diecasts. And you ARE LUCKY to have such a supprotive girlfriend!!

G

·
I actually like the space from the top of the light to the top model. Looks appropriate.

Besides you don't need to place the models too close to the lights.

G

·
Very nice indeed Matt :nicejob

I wanted those Bertbys instead of the Billys I got , but I just didnt have the room to mount 30 of them on any wall in the house :giggle

I went for Billys as I can get all 400 cars into just 4 cases (with a corner unit )

Do they still make them , as I cant get them from the Ikea near me ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
:hot Wow, that is a very nice setup there mattdesign! I love the finish on the cabinets and I reckon it ties in with the rest of your loungeroom very nicely. Congrats! :cheers

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I got some nice models in November, so here is an update! I'm come completely out off display space at this point, so I decided to cycle the models as I pick up new ones.

UT E36 M3 GTR Yokohama
UT F1 GTR Ueno Clinic
Maisto Dealer Edition Porsche Cayman S (Early Christmas gift from GF! :giggle )
Minichamps E34 535i
UT Porsche 911 RS

It was a great month! :cheers

G

·
Give yourself a pat on the back Matt.

That looks sensational.

Good idea to cycle through the models as it will also freshen up the interest when you do it.

You could always go for only 1;43 models....imagine how many would fit in then....:giggle

:cheers

Timbo.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.