DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Reiceved the GPL catalouge this morning and it has a piece on the new Mattel Prestige range of 1:18. These will have twice as many parts as the Elite range including some carbon fibre decals, photoetched parts, improved seats with working seat belts, more detailed suspension, better paint and some alumiunuim parts. The will come in specail pakaging complete with carbon base each sequentially number with a limited edition of 2006 of which 112 (of each) are said to be coming to England. The first will be the FXX with the 430 Challenge, Super America, 599 GTB to follow. Price 179.99 thats Exoto and CMC country, I myself are not sure if these will reach their standard, but i can not see it for some reson! :cheers

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The main problem I have with the current Elite line of models is the fact that they share the same tools for the body of the car with the lesser "normal" release models.

You can cake on alot of additional fine detailed parts, paint, etc, but if the base tool for the body is the same, that will become a limiting factor. You won't be able to improve part detail level, hinging mechanism, shutlines, etc, by leveraging off from the same tool.

Can you make a BMW from a Honda by just "adding" parts?

I would love to see more high-end Ferrari models in the market, but I'm not sure if Mattel has the business mindset to bring the right type of models that collectors really want.

G

·
Sounds a lot like the Super Elite Series from everything I have been told.

The one thing about Hot Wheels, thye have a creative way fo releasing the same model if not similar under lines and sell every single one of them.

·
Registered
923 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree I think that's the flaw with the Elite FXX. It's clearly based on the regular 1:18 Enzo from 2002. It really wouldn't surprise me if this premium FXX is another "add more parts to me" model rather than a model designed from a clean sheet. If it turns out to be as good as efforts by BBR/CMC/Exoto I'd bet Hot Wheels contracted a third party manufacturer to make the model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.