DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea about this car's history, to be honest i didn't even know it exisited untill this model was revieled, it was something different and by a company who was delving into 1:18, so i decided to give it a try.
Kind of glad i did even if it does have some faults (And there are more than a few).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Heres one thing that is a problem, see this vent on the side of the door.....

....Now see how out-of-line it is.

And another thing, i don't know if this is faiful to the 1:1, but there is no divider of any kind between the engine bay and driver seats, now in a car like this, the noise must have been deafening.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sid: Arn't you taking this for a spin?
Vince: No!
Sid: Why not, are you scared again?
Vince: NO, im just not driving something that has a cabin that is as clostrophobic as this has, have a look for yourself.

Sid: I see what you mean actually.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Not bad, but that vent is horrible! They could have atleast made it look better!

Nice pictures too! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congrats on adding the Sirius Deano .

I couldnt find many interior or engine pics of the Sirius , but it doesnt look as though the engine has a divider to the cabin on the real car , which is unbelivable really , as Im sure 6 litres of V12 Merc engine would be pretty loud when you hit the "Go" pedal

If you look at these pics you can see the carbon fibre airboxes protruding into the cabin behind the seats as on your model , and also the polished roll cage :cheers

By the way , does your car smell funny too ?

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smell funny Gaz? What does it smell of?

Thats is a very intresting 1:18 Deano. Its got to be one of the most obscure models out there. By that I mean it was a very unusual car to make a diecast of. Before I saw this Max-car version I wasn't aware of such a thing as the 1:1 Lotec Sirius.

:cheers

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Grr! So jealous of you! I've been waiting for this model for soo long, actually since Exoticar announced it June :rant . It looks like it has a few faults but I still want it really bad. Your photos are great, especially in the first post. :coolpics

Sad to say, it still isn't on eBay, so it looks like you got it before the rest of us. I hate the waiting game...

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did notice some stange smell everytime i opened the box, not to sure what though, maybe some glue :confused but it sure is a strong smell what ever it is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts