DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Oh my, that looks awesome. :eek:mg
And it definately looks like a AUTOart model. Remember, this has been on their list for a while now. I belive since last year. :cheers

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The panel gap sure looks huge. i wonder why. could it be the engine have been raised a bit to store something underneath for the function of the retractable roof... :confused :confused

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
As much as I love MX-5s and it is on the list of car's I'd have in my dream garage, unfortunately it wouldn't be this one. I'd go for one of the earlier ones with the different, less chunky features. Thus I'm afraid this model doesn't do too much for me :kick

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I think this is the prototype guys. I really doubt AUTOart would let the hood be that bad, unlike GMP :giggle

This new MX-5(why can't they just call it the MIATA!) is certainly one of those love it or hate it cars. I actually prefer it over the previous Miata's because of its lines. It's very mean looking :yes

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree
I actually like the new one more than both the original and last gen. The retractable hardtop isn't a bad idea either. It only weighs 77 lbs more than the standard soft top, yet it provides the security of a hard top. No one is gonna cut through a hard top with a knife :wink
BTW, it is still called the MX-5 Miata, at least according to Mazda's site :giggle

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I was reading about this car last night. Seems the roof is a pretty clever piece of engineering. As mentioned it weighs only a little more than the soft top, but it has also been designed so that the roof shape and roofline is very similar to when the roof is up on the soft top car, plus it fits into the same space when folded away, so it doesn't intrude on the boot space like most convertible hard tops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.