DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes the 1:18 Black BMW GTR from minichamps for me is on the top of my wishlist, my new holy grail, but I do feel it will be on my wanted list for a long time to come, as I can not seem to find one under the $280us & up on ebay's asking price.

I wait patiently for the day for this car to find a home in my collection.

How many members here are lucky enough to own this car, and what are people thoughts of this car.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
280 bucks... That's way over acceptable for my tastes. I bet if you wait long enough the GTR craze will die down and you will be able to get it for a more realistic price, like what happend to UT's Macs.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was fortunate to buy this car before the craze. It is one of my favorites in my collection. It is Carbon Black which is more of a deep navy blue. I am lucky enough to have all the colors and all the racing ones that Minichamps produced. In total there are 13. The black is my favorite of them all followed closely by the Estoril Blue. Good luck finding one.

DC4ME :cheers

G

·
I'd say get the dark green version (sold out by now but still cheaper than the black version). Under some lighting conditions it's almost black - looks equally gorgeous.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Well I'm not quite sure what youre talking about here as the UT McLarens has not decreased in price overall. It's mainly variations in the price of the LM and #59 Ueno Clinic models. Those have decreased in price, but then again the black longtail, #41 Loctite and #40 EMI has exploded in price. Because there will never be produced more of these, they will certainly keep on rising, it's basic marked statistics as the units decrease and the demand stay similar or increasing!

If you (obviuosly) know where to get the Macs. so cheap please let me know and I will buy alot of them. :tongue

G

·
Well, I have taken Lucianos words to heart.

I am getting on the M3 GTR act now as some of the fan fair has subsided.

$280 for a 1:18 model...I don't think a model could bring me that much joy to want to spend that type of money.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Like many others, I'm hunting for the Carbon Black version.

I was hoping Kyosho would release the real street version of the GTR in black, but I don't see it on the list. Was the real street car only offered in silver? :feedback I would imagine knowing the current high demand for the Minichamps' Carbon Black version in the market would drive Kyosho to produce the car in black...

G

·
I got the Phoenix Yellow one off eBay early this year and love it. But, I also now REALLY want the Estoril Blue, which is becoming more and more expensive.

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I'm a little late in this conversation but the craze you spoke of was brought on my NFS Most Wanted because the M3 GTR is theme car of the game. The craze is already starting to die down. I got a silver one for a good price a estoril blue with a couple of defects then yesterday the oxford green one came. I definitely wouldn't mind having the navy version of carbon black. A black one just sold on ebay for $170, ludicrous price. some dude wanted $350 for one but no one bought it.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
The same thing happened here. When they 1st came out I saw one go for R$ 500,00 on MercadoLivre, and another one was at R$ 400,00 but the auction still had 5 days to go. Last week there was a silver with carbon roof (I think) and it had a BIN of R$ 250,00.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts