DiecastXchange Forum banner
181 - 200 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
That Lykan looks pretty good! And I also love the MC12, its a really nice model, overpriced yeah but it displays so well!
The Fenyr looks so mean, I love it! The MC12 is one of those next level models for me, it is just so low and wide. I didn't pay a crazy price for it tbh.

The AUTOart Porsche Carrera GT is getting quite old now. I've got the 918 Spyder, but need to get hold of the 959 to complete the obligatory heritage lineup. This model is actually really light as there's a lot of plastic going on here, giving us a taste of the composite world to come perhaps?? I particularly like the fact you can see the engine through the mesh in the engine cover and the wooden gear knob is a pretty nice touch.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
And the last model for this collection update is the AUTOart Honda NSX. One of the most important, but often forgotten, supercars of the modern era. Another well done model by AUTOart, I like the distressed leather look on the seats, but the interior is just too dark and bland, but par for the course for a 90s supercar I guess. Enjoy the pics....

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Great collection and some very clear detailed pictures.
I do like you car park diorama
Thanks alot!
I don't use that car park dio enough, truth be told. It's not very good up close, but in group shots it looks fine. Hopefully when I've finished taking pics of my entire collection I'll use that for group shots

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
So far so good
. Fenyr looks spectacular ... MC12 tempted me many times but the price is still high.
Thanks Cristi!
The Fenyr does look so mean in the flesh. I really like the rear W Motors badge that appears to be floating.
MC12 is just one of those models that you've got to be constantly on the lookout for and try and grab it for the best possible price

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Fantastic updates,as above, the Lykan and the Minichamps 12 stand out for me but i love your photos of all of them.
Thanks for your kind words as always, Darren!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Latest set of adds for me. Bought in the New Years sales!
  1. AUTOart Lexus LC500
  2. AUTOart Jaguar E-Type Series 1 convertible
  3. AUTOart Mercedes Maybach S600 Pullman

Oh....and if you ever wanted to get some sort of sense of perspective of the Pullman, what better way to compare it to the massive AUTOart Mercedes G63 6x6 than this:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Congrats on those 3 models, my favorite is the E type but love the Lexus too
Cheers Simon! Still annoyed I never got the Ford GT as well. Was possibly thinking about the Aventador SV, but then I remembered how poor I am lol

·
Super Moderator
5,802 Posts
So much on this page alone that I need to add! Definitely the E-Type and Carrera GT, really considering the MC12 as well. I had to take my HWE off of display because it's so bad looking, those awful rims
The Autoart is clearly much better, obviously the wheels but the removable roof and hood are also major draws to it. It's expensive now but if the prices end up like the Huayra and F1, don't want to wait too long...

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
So much on this page alone that I need to add! Definitely the E-Type and Carrera GT, really considering the MC12 as well. I had to take my HWE off of display because it's so bad looking, those awful rims
The Autoart is clearly much better, obviously the wheels but the removable roof and hood are also major draws to it. It's expensive now but if the prices end up like the Huayra and F1, don't want to wait too long...
Thanks Mike!
Get the AUTOart MC12 as soon as you can. I managed to sell my HWE version a couple of years ago for a stupidly good profit - I don't understand why they're worth so much. The wheels are oversized and the level of detail is so far off the AUTOart!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
I am impressed by your pics and diorama
. The light is very good, like in a showroom. E-Type is amazing, looks so realistic. Very funny the comparison between Pullman and G63
Thanks alot Cristi! It's just my dining room lights. The dio has no roof and I find the lights are good for a dio setting. Not good for review quality pics, however.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Got a box full of goodies this week.....I found a local plastic supplier (about 20 mins away from me) who were happy to make 100 risers out of acrylic for me for my collection - I noticed some models were ever so slightly starting to get flat spots in the tyres and my new E-Type seems to have squishy suspensions so don't want that to get damaged over time. I also got a few extra tall ones made for models like the 6x6 to sit on. It certainly makes it a lot easier to position the cars on the shelf as there's no resistance from the rubber tyres of course!

181 - 200 of 687 Posts