DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Great buying you are doing,the PC SLS is another Fantastic model for the money.Nice to see you going for the Best scale LOL.(1/12)
Thanks! I'm learning from the master
. I really like 1:12 models - they're pretty big ( I didn't realise how much bigger than 1:18 until I got the 918), but it just takes the potential and available detail to the next level. I've read that the door mechanism on the PC SLS is amazing, so looking forward to that

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
1:18 Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari LaFerrari
I've got all 3 colours (black, red and yellow) of the Elite version - I don't think any one of them is 100% perfect and suiting the car, but I think they all look good in their own right (if that makes sense?). The paintwork isn't brilliant, as is well known by now and it just doesn't feel as solid as models in this price range/previous Elite models. A bit disappointing, but what hypercar collection would be complete without a LaFerrari (or 3 :rotfl:).

Here we have the yellow one, but I hope to take a group shot of all 3 together soon

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I didnt buy the elite Laferrari because of the paint flaws but your pics are awesome, really clear...cant do that with a phone
Thanks alot! I find it alot easier to take close ups of interiors with my phone camera

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Impressive collection you have man! Loving the photos as well, still plenty to go (that's a good thing lol)!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. It took longer than I expected to take the pics, but really enjoyable all the same. I just wish it was summer and there's enough light to take some outdoor shots!

Plenty more models to shoot.......

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
1:18 Kyosho Lamborghini Veneno Roadster

Next up to photograph is the latest arrival in my collection - the Lamborghini Veneno Roadster by Kyosho. This is a sealed model and I had a red one that I bought when it was just released, but it had loads of paint issues so I sent it back. This one is by no means perfect - the white around the splitter, side skirts and diffuser is not 100% uniform, but I only paid £40 for this model and I am willing to overlook the issues (especially compared to the red one I sent back).

The Veneno is so angular and you could spend hours photographing it from so many different perspectives - I don't think there's any particular bad side to it IMO.
Enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It looks really nice in orange, I got the Autoart green Veneno but if I add another one it will be this one in orange!
When the first batch was released, red was my favourite colour, but that changed when the second batch of colours was released!
I've got the grey AUTOart Veneno and this will complement it well (I don't mind this is sealed because its open top and the AUTOart version has all the opening parts and much higher level of detail) - I'll have to take a group shot as I make my way through my collection
. I'd love to add the other 2 manufacturer colours of the AUTOart one

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
A Great looking model and well done photos of it,very nice to see.You can see lots of the latest production models designs in this.
Thanks alot! It's a lovely display piece, but if you start looking really closely you can see where they've cut corners. Although the stance and dimensions look spot on (better than their Huracan), I'm not really complaining for the money I paid lol

·
Banned
9,417 Posts
You know I actually got one of these, which is odd for me because I think the Veneno is kinda ugly, BUT the roadster really solves some of that ugliness. Perhaps Autoart should have done the roadster instead. This is a good model although I would try to get it under 100 bucks for sure, just because it it sealed. I really wish Kyosho had made it with the doors atleast opening, what good is a lambo model if you cannot swing up those signature doors. But that would drive up cost I suppose.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
You know I actually got one of these, which is odd for me because I think the Veneno is kinda ugly, BUT the roadster really solves some of that ugliness. Perhaps Autoart should have done the roadster instead. This is a good model although I would try to get it under 100 bucks for sure, just because it it sealed. I really wish Kyosho had made it with the doors atleast opening, what good is a lambo model if you cannot swing up those signature doors. But that would drive up cost I suppose.
I certainly don't think you could call the Veneno a beautiful looking car like lambos of old, but it's the outrageous angles and the overall styling that is so cool! It would be nice to have some opening parts on this, but if you've got the AUTOart Coupe I don't think you'd miss it tbh

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Been a couple of months since I've posted some photos (sorry about that), but here are some more. The black carbon is really glossy and reflective, so was quite difficult to get shots that don't reflect the lights in my room too much. I need to invest in a proper photobox or whatever!

1:18 AutoArt Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - Carbon Black

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
In between taking pics of the Veyron and the Gumpert, I bought myself a couple of extension tubes for my camera - I didn't fancy spending a load of money on a new macro lens, so just bought these for about £25 instead. They push a standard lens further away from the sensor, basically giving it the functionality of a macro lens for minimal cost. It's helped me get some really great close up pics that I just wasn't able to get before. I'm still learning how to take advantage, so bear with me

1:18 AutoArt Gumpert Apollo S

21 - 40 of 687 Posts