DiecastXchange Forum banner
641 - 660 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Really loving those 1:12 models. I currently only have one but I'd love to get a BBR. Sadly they are so expensive and HUGE!
Thanks! Which 1:12 do you have?

On the whole, I'd say 1:12 BBR models are not worth the money - espcially RRP. I'd have never bought the LaFerrari Aperta had it not been just over half RRP for me. Just not worth the money
[/quote]

I always thought those BBR's were as good as the 1:18 versions.

I have the Ottomobile BMW M3 E30

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Nice pics Chaim - the Chiron being my favourite!

The interior is one of the areas where the larger scale clearly can excel 1/18.
One should expect that the same holds true for the engine bay but until so far I have never seen a 1/12 engine outperforming what we get offered by CMC...

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
Nice pics Chaim - the Chiron being my favourite!

The interior is one of the areas where the larger scale clearly can excel 1/18.
One should expect that the same holds true for the engine bay but until so far I have never seen a 1/12 engine outperforming what we get offered by CMC...
1:12 CMC are crazy money lol

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
As promised, here is a pic of the interior of the 1:12 BBR Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta.
In summary, for the most expensive model in my collection, it has by far the worst quality interior! I will let you draw your own conclusions as you compare the model to the real car.....

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #646 ·
Thanks for the interior shot i think it looks Great then i saw the real car and... oh there is a big difference. It looks so cool from the outside though.
I certainly can't fault how this Italian Stallion looks on display, especially on the base and with the cover on top!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
As promised, here is a pic of the interior of the 1:12 BBR Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta.
In summary, for the most expensive model in my collection, it has by far the worst quality interior! I will let you draw your own conclusions as you compare the model to the real car.....
For a 1:12 scale and for the money you have to pay for it, you'd expect them to at least paint some details on the AC control cluster, but they left it plain black... Also you'd hope they'd try something else other than decals for the stering wheel buttons.

Saying that, that is something I'd probably try to bring up to spec myself, if I had the skills. I'm too heavy handed to be able to paint small details.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
For a 1:12 scale and for the money you have to pay for it, you'd expect them to at least paint some details on the AC control cluster, but they left it plain black... Also you'd hope they'd try something else other than decals for the stering wheel buttons.

Saying that, that is something I'd probably try to bring up to spec myself, if I had the skills. I'm too heavy handed to be able to paint small details.

[/quote]

Exactly! No writing on the AC cluster, no bumpy road graphic, just 2 solid white lines where it should say 'engine start', and nothing for the Manettino switch either....and the Launch, Reverse, Auto buttons seem to be in the wrong order and orientated the wrong way

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #651 ·
I've finished editing a couple of other pics of the 1:12 BBR Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta interior....
I'll repost the other one from above to group them all together and give a fuller view

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 ·
I think it still looks pretty good though
It does.....until you realise its a 1100-1200EUR model and companies making 1:12 for 200EUR have done a better job on their interiors. That is what gets me - BBR taking their customers for a proper ride just for the Ferrari badge!!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I think it still looks pretty good though
It does.....until you realise its a 1100-1200EUR model and companies making 1:12 for 200EUR have done a better job on their interiors. That is what gets me - BBR taking their customers for a proper ride just for the Ferrari badge!!!!
[/quote]Yes that is true. But BBR can ask what they want, there is not a real competitor to make this model.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #656 ·
A model I'm still not sure has a true place in my collection because I'm not such a racing car fan, but the engine details are pretty awesome on this model!

1:12 AUTOart Mercedes CLK GTR AMG in D2 livery

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Fantastic pics as always. Love to check out the interiors on these big brutes. They make my 1:12 Motormax Ford GT seem like a budget model. Oh, wait..

As for the Aperta.. For me the main issue is the carbon fiber decal they've chosen. Had it been with a slightly smaller weave and had the grey on the weave been a bit darker, it would have had a much better and more realistic feel to it. This would have improved the feel on the interior a lot, despite the fact that they seem to have forgotten or given up when doing the center console's buttons.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·
Fantastic pics as always. Love to check out the interiors on these big brutes. They make my 1:12 Motormax Ford GT seem like a budget model. Oh, wait..

As for the Aperta.. For me the main issue is the carbon fiber decal they've chosen. Had it been with a slightly smaller weave and had the grey on the weave been a bit darker, it would have had a much better and more realistic feel to it. This would have improved the feel on the interior a lot, despite the fact that they seem to have forgotten or given up when doing the center console's buttons.
Haha - I'm waiting out for a well-priced AUTOart version of the GT

I agree with you on the carbon weave, T!

·
Super Moderator
13,729 Posts
A Stunning model and although you say you are not a racing fan it is hard to get a 1/12 model with this much detail in anything that comes out new now. these will only get rarer. Another Stunning and clear photo of a great looking model, very nice addition.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
A Stunning model and although you say you are not a racing fan it is hard to get a 1/12 model with this much detail in anything that comes out new now. these will only get rarer. Another Stunning and clear photo of a great looking model, very nice addition.
Cheers, Dazza

641 - 660 of 687 Posts