·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Very cool pics ! I was thinking about doing this shoot too but my Laferrari is on his BBR base so it would look weird, and your diorama is making those pics look real
Thanks alot! Get that LaF off its base and snap away lol

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Great pictures of the holy trinity Mcaf!!! And stunning photos - you made the matte black pop like an easter egg - how did you do that?! I can't get any of my matte black photos to pop like that. Great shots and especially good in the dio.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
This was nice to see when you posted on fb today!!
Great Combination my friend!!!
Congrats & Cheers on this combo!
Thanks Dave! I really enjoyed shooting this trio and can't wait until the AUTOart version comes out to replace the Minichamps Concept

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Great pictures of the holy trinity Mcaf!!! And stunning photos - you made the matte black pop like an easter egg - how did you do that?! I can't get any of my matte black photos to pop like that. Great shots and especially good in the dio.
Thanks alot - I really appreciate your comments! I use an app called Polarr (https://www.polarr.co/). They've got a version for pretty much every operating system and even in your web browser! Then I just play around with the Dehaze, Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Clarity, Sharpen and even the saturation on individual colours to make them pop a bit. There's an excellent in built guide showing what each one does and you can even save your images with a watermark from there. If you want to make your own watermark, let me know - I found an excellent guide that shows you how to do it for free and in a matter of minutes.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Brilliant trio mate, Great pictures and dio. Thought you would of gone for the non concept over this 918 though Chaim. This ones still asking crazy money also.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Wow that is absolutely amazing! I was debating between AutoArts white P1 and the matte black but after seeing your pictures the black wins it by a mile!
Thanks mate! I have seen the white one in real life and that did tempt me to buy it even after I already got the matte black one, but i just love the red accents and red interior on it

·
Registered
188 Posts
That colour combo is precisely the reason I want it, looks epic! Where did you manage to purchase this one as I'm also in the UK and I can find the white and chrome but the black is seemingly difficult to find. Almost pulled the trigger on a white one last night but your pictures are making me hold out for a black one..

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
That colour combo is precisely the reason I want it, looks epic! Where did you manage to purchase this one as I'm also in the UK and I can find the white and chrome but the black is seemingly difficult to find. Almost pulled the trigger on a white one last night but your pictures are making me hold out for a black one..
I pre-ordered it from Toronto Motorsports ages ago, but according to their website they don't have any in stock

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
It's been a while since I've posted a collection update, so here we go!
I've sold a load of models over the past few months in order to raise funds to diversify my collection a bit more. I'm still focusing on super/hypercars, but it got to the point where, particularly with my AUTOart Bugatti Veyrons, I had collected so many that I needed to continue to collecting the 5 or 6 I still didn't have. So I decided to sell most of them and keep a few key ones.
I've updated my collection list in my first post and there are a few more pre-orders/models waiting to ship!

Another little update I wanted to give was a project I've been working on for the past month or so. As some of you may know, I write some pretty detailed model reviews and share them on here. I'm trying to turn this into a nice little side project for me for companies to send me models to review. Top Speed have done it with the McLaren 570S and now MR Collection have done it with the Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta I'm currently photographing - Ebbro are supposed to send me their Honda Civic Type R and I may even get a CMC press sample! Basically I'm trying to create a name for myself on here and in the wider model community of being a decent reviewer. To that end, I have built a website to show off my portfolio of reviews online and an associated Facebook page to try and build momentum in my "brand". You can find the links in my signature below and my brand is called The Model Car Critic! Rest assured I will continue to post my reviews on here, because of the huge audience we're fortunate to have, but my website and Facebook page are just a tool to take this even further. I would really appreciate it if as many of you as possible could like my Facebook page and boost my online presence!

Now that the UK finally has some decent weather, I thought I'd venture out into the back garden for some outdoor shots

I like to call this one "I'm sure there should be a Supercharger around here somewhere!!"

121 - 140 of 687 Posts