DiecastXchange Forum banner
161 - 180 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Lol... I was only joking. Seriously, They let you keep it??
Yup! Hopefully it'll be the first of many

I should also be getting a press release version of the CMC Talbot Lago to review. That'll be the first CMC I'll have ever seen in person too!
[/quote]Nice to see your hard work is paying off mate, And wait... what.... You have never held a CMC model?? On another level mate.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Nice to see your hard work is paying off mate, And wait... what.... You have never held a CMC model?? On another level mate.
Appreciate that mate! Nope, only ever seen one through a screen lol. I could never quite justify the price, but as I've seen on here plenty of times, once you get one you've caught the bug!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Nice to see your hard work is paying off mate, And wait... what.... You have never held a CMC model?? On another level mate.
Appreciate that mate! Nope, only ever seen one through a screen lol. I could never quite justify the price, but as I've seen on here plenty of times, once you get one you've caught the bug!
[/quote]You could of always visited ours and looked at the ones I own.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
You could of always visited ours and looked at the ones I own.
True, might have to take you up on that offer one day!
[/quote]Always happy to meet fellow collectors and shoot the shit mate.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
My list of models has been updated in the OP to reflect what I've sold/bought over the last few months. I really need to do a full photo catalogue of my collection sometime

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
You have a beautiful collection. I hope you are taking some time for new pics
Thanks Cristi! It's so hard to find the time in between work, family and other projects but I'm gonna try my best to snap at least a few pics of each model in my collection in the very near future

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
My list of models has been updated in the OP to reflect what I've sold/bought over the last few months. I really need to do a full photo catalogue of my collection sometime
Fantastic collection! You have quite a few on that list that are actually on my wishlist

Cataloging an entire collection is like a full time job! I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't doing that myself now...

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Great collection!

I'm waiting more reviews of your models. The Tesla Model S is a must have!
Thanks! I love writing the reviews, but they do take quite a while to do. My CMC Talbot Lago one took around 20 hours from start to finish, but they're a labour of love.
The Tesla is still one of my favourite models. I'm a big follower of the EV 'movement' after having driven a few in recent times and the detail of that model is pretty awesome. I'm hoping Century Dragon produce the Model X sometime soon, although I know LS Collectibles are doing it in sealed form at least

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
As promised I've now started photographing my collection. I'm not going to post the mega detailed pictures I do for my reviews, as that would just take too much time. However, I will post enough to show the model overall. I started taking pics in my lightbox with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8), but they just weren't turning out quite like I hoped - I don't like doing things if I'm not going to do it properly, so out came the DSLR lol.

Anyways, here is the first model I decided to shoot. The Norev Mercedes SLS AMG Coupe. I used to have the Minichamps version a while ago, but once I started buying again I just knew I had to find the Norev version as it's just a better model overall I feel. I paid about £40 for this one, so a pretty decent bargain IMO. Enjoy the pics, there's more to come.......

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
The interior is very nice from Norev here, the seats and dash stitching looks great
I agree, Simon. A pretty top notch effort from Norev here. It's with models like these you feel they're sometimes underrated!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Next model up is the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 by AUTOart. A composite model as I'm sure most of you know. Feels really light and fragile as a result, but the subject matter itself is a great one. Engine detail is rather meh, but for sheer shelf presence it is right up there in this eye catching yellow colour! Is it just me, or is it quite hard to photograph yellow models???

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
The Maserati MC12 by AUTOart has to be one of my favourite in my collection. The front and rear compartment details are really nice and I think any self-respecting super/hypercar nut must have one of these in their collection. I used to have the Hot Wheels Elite version and was lucky enough to sell that for a stupidly high price that went most of the way towards paying for this beauty - they really don't compare on any level (ahem - massively oversized wheels - ahem). Enjoy....

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Another Norev for you guys now. This time its the 2nd gen BMW X6M. This seems to be a marmite car, but I actually love it! Out of the three colours available, I definitely found this one to be the nicest purely because of that lovely red interior that contrasts oh so nicely with that silver exterior. The silver is actually quite uniform across the flanks of the car, unlike their recent S-Class release and the 6 opening parts is really the icing on the cake in this day and age. I'm a sucker for a performance SUV and I feel its a worthy addition to my collection.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
The W Motors Fenyr SuperSport is one of two Sophiart models I received not too long ago. I've got to say, I'm really impressed with this third sub-brand under the Frontiart banner! Their models are a lot lighter than the few Avanstyle models I've got, but on display they're no less good. Personally I think they're a little ahead of the GT Spirit models they're pitched against, but they don't seem to be able to produce their models with quite the same speed - albeit QC seems miles better than GT Spirit. This model goes perfectly well next to my Top Marques Lykan Hypersport and I shall take some pics of the duo once my catalogue is complete.
I found it hard to capture the interior through the windows without getting a lot of reflection - if anyone can offer me any advice on how to combat this, that would be great!

161 - 180 of 687 Posts