DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
O M G
Finally an affordable alternative to the super pricey W124 by Autoart. And it is pre-facelift model some more...
Both BoS and MCG owned by the same parent company isnt it? I wish they would make more of the cheaper sealed diecast line... the sealed diecast models are priced well and very presentable.. the much more expensive resin one are.. mediocre and have subpar packaging.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The Cadillac Fleetwood looks ace and I am sure it has a massive presence on your display shelf. I almost bought it when modelcarworld had the easter sale but somehow they removed the discounts on some of models that I had in my cart so at the end i didnt bother with the checkout. The Autoart E320 has the perfect headlights and I am looking forward to pair it with the MCG one so i have the pre and post facelifted pair. The Norev one looks decent but for some reasons I keep on missing out on the sales haha.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
A run of the mill version of E12... i am mildly excited. They say spring 2020 hmmm so... soon? With the current state of outbreak I wonder if this will be delayed or not. And getting one to my door step would be a real challenge itself considering all international freight are operating at very limited capacity. Would definitely getting this one if i survive the outbreak... health wise and financial wise :)

Pic from their facebook page

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I like the color, got that 70s vibe to it. Although if youre looking for an E12 remember Norev made them too and I think theyre in the same price category
same here.. dont mind the period correct colour scheme but if they also come in olive green then it will definitely be my no one choice. And i think you are right both are priced the same dont they.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
From MCG facebook page...

This 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT in scale 1:18 is announced by MCG and will be available in Spring 2020.

Surely the stock Dino never come with such chunky tyres?? Looks almost as comical as the Anson one and mind you Anson's Dino wasn't that bad to begin with.It was just spoilt by the unreal oversized tyres much like this one... Maybe the production version will be corrected?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Another price hike? Geez they are approaching budget resin pricing territory if they continue. Although I do like some of their subjects but build wise they lack certain features like steerable front wheels, all wheels are on simple solid axle and the details and overall finishing appear to be one step before a typical KK-scale and even much cheaper Solido appears to be doing better.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Agreed in term of subjects they do pick some fairly obscure or neglected models to make which is great for those of us who like oddballs or interesting subjects
I do hope that the G4 is being bigger and requires bigger box and more materials hence the higher price. I am still look forward to their BMW E12 release. And i just learned that they might be making Porsche 924 Turbo? Found some "pre-order" info on a Czech website..

https://www.svetauticek.cz/www-svetauticek-cz/eshop/1-1-Modely-1-18/290-2-MCG-Modelcar-Group/5/38374-Porsche-924-Turbo-1979-white-1-18-MCG-Modelcar-Group

If so i will be super thrilled..

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
This appears to be the prototype of the model. Looking good i'd say. My brother is also super thrilled about it as he owns a non turbo version himself. One a side note, A low life punk pinched his Porsche badge off the bonnet the other day when he had his beloved car parked in CBD. Now he is on a hunt for replacement badge.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
i consider MCG to be at the low end of the sealed diecast, a notch or two below Minichamps and KK-scale sealed diecast and in some instances I actually find KK-scale to be better than Minichamps. Sadly their RRP don't reflect the overall quality especially a better built Solido with operating doors still priced lower at 2/3 of a MCG price tag. However they do make some subjects which I am interested in. I recently bought the BMW E12 and 2002 Turbo. They look fine on shelves but upon closer inspection, the 2002 Turbo has minor QC issues. In hindsight maybe I should have went for the sealed Minichamps one which cost slightly more.

I finally acquired two CMR after many years of staring at them on photos on the web sadly I feel somewhat underwhelmed maybe it is because they being the earlier releases (275 GTB and 250 GTO) The paint and exterior details are fine but somehow I don't feel as impressed compares to say when I unbox Ottomobile or GTS model.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts