·
Registered
189 Posts
Some really impressive new (?) releases I just stumbled upon:

Rolls Royce Silver Wraith Empress Line

also available in red:

and then we got the Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60 from 1941 in black:

and in blue with a grey top:

Nothing opens on these models but IMO I think they give GT Spirit and on a more era-related note, the twice as expensive BoS a run for their money.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have Tatra 87 from them, for that price(About 50 euros) is amazing model, Tatra 87 body is hard to replicate they did great job.Also silver paint is smooth and without flaws.Im not happy that is sealed, but its better run for money that crappy resin models for 100 euros or higher.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
O M G
Finally an affordable alternative to the super pricey W124 by Autoart. And it is pre-facelift model some more...
Both BoS and MCG owned by the same parent company isnt it? I wish they would make more of the cheaper sealed diecast line... the sealed diecast models are priced well and very presentable.. the much more expensive resin one are.. mediocre and have subpar packaging.

·
Registered
189 Posts
MCG is an under-appreciated brand. They make some really nice (sealed) models for roughly 33% cheaper than your typical GT-Spirit or Ottomobile alternatives. And their models seem to be in good supply too, I havent seen many stores sell out as is the case with some desired GT Spirit or Otto models.

However I have to say I am disappointed in the headlights. The rest of the model looks great, especially the detail on the wheels, the grille, the star, the taillights, all of it.

Now I am just waiting for someone to buy one and post some detailed interior shots

EDIT: Craig, the grille on your grey stock photo seems to differ to the one in mine. Is it perhaps another version sold in the same color?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
MCG is an under-appreciated brand. They make some really nice (sealed) models for roughly 33% cheaper than your typical GT-Spirit or Ottomobile alternatives. And their models seem to be in good supply too, I havent seen many stores sell out as is the case with some desired GT Spirit or Otto models.

However I have to say I am disappointed in the headlights. The rest of the model looks great, especially the detail on the wheels, the grille, the star, the taillights, all of it.

Now I am just waiting for someone to buy one and post some detailed interior shots

EDIT: Craig, the grille on your grey stock photo seems to differ to the one in mine. Is it perhaps another version sold in the same color?
agree, i thought it was looking great until i got to the headlights - wow, lol :)

The blue one seems to have sold out in 24hrs on Carmodel net. I will see if CK has them in stock.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The headlights seem to be a major let down :( The rest of the model looks fine. The Caprice looks good. I hope MCG will include more old school American cars. Most iconic land yachts have already been made under BoS line...
Agree. Just bought a Cadillac Fleetwood 60 in black and I have to say it definitely holds up to a BoS model which costs 2x as much. Of course the odd scratch or tiny paint flaw here or there should be expected, but otherwise MCG models look impressive on any shelf.

Edit: btw here is Autoart's E320 headlight for comparison:

Norev has also made a W124 E-Class as the MCG, if anyone is on the lookout for alternatives in a similar price range. Although it is a roadster...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The Cadillac Fleetwood looks ace and I am sure it has a massive presence on your display shelf. I almost bought it when modelcarworld had the easter sale but somehow they removed the discounts on some of models that I had in my cart so at the end i didnt bother with the checkout. The Autoart E320 has the perfect headlights and I am looking forward to pair it with the MCG one so i have the pre and post facelifted pair. The Norev one looks decent but for some reasons I keep on missing out on the sales haha.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow, so now MCG released the Mercedes (W115) 220 D in my fav color combination (black with bright interior).

And this time I have to say their headlight detail is also very impressive:

$400 AUTOart for comparison:

However, keep in mind Sun Star makes a W115 with opening parts (but in a dark green color) for about 100 euros.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Finally, it is here. A re-release of the Chevrolet Caprice but this time in beautiful black. Since I missed out on getting the BoS Cadillac Brougham before its price skyrocketed, I'm thinking about getting this one which looks similar enough:

21 - 40 of 99 Posts