DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
A run of the mill version of E12... i am mildly excited. They say spring 2020 hmmm so... soon? With the current state of outbreak I wonder if this will be delayed or not. And getting one to my door step would be a real challenge itself considering all international freight are operating at very limited capacity. Would definitely getting this one if i survive the outbreak... health wise and financial wise :)

Pic from their facebook page

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I like the color, got that 70s vibe to it. Although if youre looking for an E12 remember Norev made them too and I think theyre in the same price category
same here.. dont mind the period correct colour scheme but if they also come in olive green then it will definitely be my no one choice. And i think you are right both are priced the same dont they.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
From MCG facebook page...

This 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT in scale 1:18 is announced by MCG and will be available in Spring 2020.

Surely the stock Dino never come with such chunky tyres?? Looks almost as comical as the Anson one and mind you Anson's Dino wasn't that bad to begin with.It was just spoilt by the unreal oversized tyres much like this one... Maybe the production version will be corrected?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The newly available Mercedes G4 looks pretty good for a 65 Euro model - I'm quite tempted, but does anyone know if they're likely to release it in other colours, as I'm not really a fan of light grey...?

There're are photos of a (real) blue one on the web, which I would definitely get.

M

·
Registered
7,116 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Another price hike? Geez they are approaching budget resin pricing territory if they continue. Although I do like some of their subjects but build wise they lack certain features like steerable front wheels, all wheels are on simple solid axle and the details and overall finishing appear to be one step before a typical KK-scale and even much cheaper Solido appears to be doing better.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You're probably right, but they're kind of a budget Tecnomodel, making models no-one else is and at least they're still pretty cheap.

I don't know if the G4 being 'more expensive' is a general thing, due to world currency conditions or just because it's a bit bigger than most.

It's still cheap enough not to worry about if you like the subject.

M

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Agreed in term of subjects they do pick some fairly obscure or neglected models to make which is great for those of us who like oddballs or interesting subjects
I do hope that the G4 is being bigger and requires bigger box and more materials hence the higher price. I am still look forward to their BMW E12 release. And i just learned that they might be making Porsche 924 Turbo? Found some "pre-order" info on a Czech website..

https://www.svetauticek.cz/www-svetauticek-cz/eshop/1-1-Modely-1-18/290-2-MCG-Modelcar-Group/5/38374-Porsche-924-Turbo-1979-white-1-18-MCG-Modelcar-Group

If so i will be super thrilled..

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Agreed in term of subjects they do pick some fairly obscure or neglected models to make which is great for those of us who like oddballs or interesting subjects
I do hope that the G4 is being bigger and requires bigger box and more materials hence the higher price. I am still look forward to their BMW E12 release. And i just learned that they might be making Porsche 924 Turbo? Found some "pre-order" info on a Czech website..

https://www.svetauti...-Modelcar-Group

If so i will be super thrilled..
https://www.modellauto18.de/porsche-924-turbo-metallicdunkelgrau-1979-mcg-118-metallmodell-tueren-und-hauben-nicht-oeffnen-p-23037.html
Also to be available in white.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
This appears to be the prototype of the model. Looking good i'd say. My brother is also super thrilled about it as he owns a non turbo version himself. One a side note, A low life punk pinched his Porsche badge off the bonnet the other day when he had his beloved car parked in CBD. Now he is on a hunt for replacement badge.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
I had a feeling there was a bit of industry communications to avoid issues such as this 2002 Turbo duplication.
This would suggest otherwise, although Minichamps did announce this subject at least two years ago.
One thing that Minichamps didn't do (so far) was the mildly facelifted non turbo version - the one with the larger rear lights.
And a later touring race racer (with the wider arches) would have interested me.
Sometime I wonder if the people who propose subjects actually check what's already out there....

41 - 60 of 99 Posts