DiecastXchange Forum banner

McLaren 765LT - GT Spirit

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  preisman 
#1 ·
Finally, my first road going production McLaren. Actually, I bought three recently.

The 765LT is the lightweight super car from McLaren. And it is in a special looking orange color. Very cool.

The model is from GT Spirit. Mostly good, but there are a few shortcuts taken. The rear end body work is very cheap looking. Not open as it should be, but a decal instead. Also, no carbon fiber. Not sure if these an come with plain black body parts. Otherwise, this is a solid model. The paint is fantastic. A nice pearl, metallic finish.

See less See more
#3 ·
Agree with your criticisms here. The 765LT has three exterior packages, one of them isn't optional and it includes the hood vents, upper door area vents, and mirror caps. So GTS partially did one of the three carbon packages. But yeah, out of like 12 areas that can be spec'd with carbon, they chose to do one. Which is very strange.

The 765LT is my current favorite modern supercar so I knew I was going to buy this, but a bit disappointed in it's execution. I know AutoArt will likely do one but who knows when that will be.

I decided to 'break' the rear spoiler off of mine to display raised up with 720S wing supports
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#5 ·
I haven't considered an AA model in a while. I think they are getting too expensive. If I still love this car when AA releases their, and they get the grills and rear correct, I would probably buy the AA model.

Reactions: triggerhappy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.