DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
This McLaren finished 4th place but it sure looks awesome with its Gulf livery. Curiously, it does NOT suffer from the melting wheel paint problem that affects a couple of my other UT McLarens. Phew! The car has not lost one bit of its appeal to me from the day I first got it. One day, I'll have to get my hands on either the #33 or #34 Guf cars.
I was just mucking about with my digicam this morning and slowly figuring out how to improve my photos. This car having lots of dark blue is particularly hard to get good photos of against a black background. But I'm not one to turn down a challenge, especially when it involves diecasts and a camera. :giggle

(click for 800x530 photos)

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for the kind words Thorst. I have to agree with you that the level of details is nothing great (maybe not even good :giggle) and little things like the ride-height and lack of brake calipers is not up to today's diecast standards. But somehow, these cars still "speak" to me. :wink

Gary: Thanks for your kind compliments. Did you mean the photo on the middle left or middle right?

G

·
stunning Felix...simlpy stunning :hot
as we all know the quality is not there but these cars...especially the Gulf liveries press my buttons and ring my bells :giggle
you keep taking and posting pics like this Felix and these cars will be forever popular.. :nicejob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.