DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
This car is most definitely one of my "Holy Grails" to borrow Gary's term. Here are some quick shots of it. One day, I hope to take a 1:18 UT McLaren F1 GTR #9 car and modify it to a #43.

This car finished #3 overall that year at the hands of Peter Kox (NL)/Roberto Ravaglia (I)/Eric Hélary (F).

G

·
Another belter addition to your 1/43 fleet Felix :cheers

You really cant beat a Mclaren can you ? (unless its with a Porsche of course) :giggle

After looking at your pics , I see I still have a long way to go with mine . I love the way the cars reflection shows up on that front n/s corner shot :cheers

G

·
Congratulations Felix. That is indeed a very nice model. A modified 1:18 #9 would be really cool to see (and maybe even attempt!)!

Great shots, of course. :coolpics :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

·
Registered
275 Posts
My congrats to you Felix! Great model!! I like it very very much!! Taking into consideration that this 1/43 Mac has a different headlights in compare with UT McLaren - I need to say - I WANT THE SAME MAC#43 AS YOURS!!!!!!!!! :help

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Felix, I have officially had enough! Your pictures are just too good. Stop it, stop it, stop it, STOP IT!!!! :lol

I can't believe that that picture is of a 1:43!!!! What can I say?!
You knock me out every time! :help

Mate, it is an absolute privilege to be able to view your pictures.

Ladies and Genmtlemen, we have a new Master.

:nicejob

Oh, yeah, the car is a knockout!!!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nice model! Nicer pics!

G

·
argh
another Mac i still WANT so badly

congrats an fine addition Felix
don't you think it's time that you confesed, and say that you completelly gave up on the 1/18's and from now on will ONLY buy 1/43's?? :lol

PS, just checking
this year alone
how many 1/43 vs 1/18's have you bought? :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:lol :lol Now why does that statement not surprising me coming from you Gary?? I appreciate your kind words about the pictures. I think I'm going to find a different background and do a little experimenting so I'm not always using the same reflective background all the time. I recently saw some photos of diecasts on reflective white (beige?) and it looked very good.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's so funny. You like my pics that much but they really kind of bug me being fuzzy the way they are. :giggle :giggle What can I say? If they bring contentment to you, then I'm happy with that. If they torture your soul, well, I'll have to defer the credit/blame to Minichamps as they were the manufacturer. :giggle :giggle I am really humbled by your compliments Anders. I just see myself as some collector who enjoys photographing diecasts and that's about it. As for the description "Master"?? I dunno....I've been called Grasshopper and c*ckroach before. :lol :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks John. Since Autoart was the one who opened up my mnid to buying sealed models, all of a sudden, the little 1:43 cars popped up on my radar. Ironically, I haven't bought a single 1:43 AUTOart model. :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe you'll buy another McLaren after you collect all the Ferrari Le Mans cars?? :giggle

No confession from me buddy because I can't confess to something that's not true. :lol :lol There are a number of 1:18 race cars I still very much want for my collection. Trouble is, 3/4 of them are no longer in production. :ranting That means it's going to cost me more. I'll have to check my cars to see how many 1:43s I got this year. So far, I only bought 3 1:18s this year.

G

·
don't remind me
i already know for sure that i'll buy some tomorrow, how do i know this? i just came back from the bankmachine to pick up some cash and then i checked if i had my creditcard with me :help :lol

and "only" 3 1/18??
well i know for certain that you added more 1/43's then those 3
:giggle

you'r totally HOOKED my friend :happy

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Felix you have mastered the art of miniature photography. You can make a good car look better and a better car look out of this world.
Never really been a fan of the long tail Macs, but picture # 2 blew my mind off. Fantastic stuff these little 1:43s. :nicejob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.