DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mclaren F1 GTR #59 Y.Dalmas/M.Sekiya/J.J.Letho Winner le mans 24 Hours 1995 (HPI)

externally is very good, the car is made of resin so it does not open anything, this highly detailed painting is perfect and the decals too (they are varnished) wheels and tires are very well reproduced, the wheels do not roll, brakes disk are nicely detailed with calipers, the only negative point of the car (typical of resin) is some small remnant of glue on the crystals and any of the crystals is a little slack or not well attached

the interior is very simple do not see much, the seat is plastic and fabric belts, the dashboard is well reproduced (what little you can see of it)

the engine in this car is part of the engine, a hose and wiring, so for this very good sealed car

Now photos

1º round

2º round

3º round

4º round

5º round

last round

· Administrator
35,254 Posts
This is a complete stunner!!
love the 'night race' extra lights on it too. If It weren't sealed (and expensive imo) I'd have got one. I will wait for a TSM car.

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Thanks for the comprehensive review.

Detail looks great. I keep toying with the idea of the HPI FINA McLaren F1 GTR. I have no doubt it'll be amazing but I can't bring myself to part with ~£200.

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Looks amazing. HPI really did a great job. Congrats.

· Registered
2,232 Posts
Thanks for the comprehensive review.

Detail looks great. I keep toying with the idea of the HPI FINA McLaren F1 GTR. I have no doubt it'll be amazing but I can't bring myself to part with ~£200.
The FINA variant of the F1 GTR by HPI is among my absolute favorite models. I have the UT version as well and the build quality is obviously miles better on the HPI. The white FINA livery just fits the F1 GTR longtail perfectly. If you are at all into the McLaren F1 and like its longtail version then the FINA is a must IMHO.

· Registered
646 Posts
Detail on this model is beyond anything. Even the exposed bolts have a hexagon head. Also the windshield wiper is the most detailed I have ever seen.Only drawback is the carbon on the spoiler.Looks too much tampon printed. Pity they didn't use decals on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.