DiecastXchange Forum banner

McLaren F1 LM 1:18th?

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  MclarenF1 
G
#1 ·
I regret not gettin this awesome car years ago, but do any companies still make the 1:18 version of the great McLaren F1? Preferably the LM model...I know UT made a lot, but of course that's history now.

G
#4 ·
UT
roadcar (silver, dark grey, forgot the rest)
longtail roadcar
lm
lot of racing gtrs

Maisto
roadcar (silver, dark grey, green, blue)

Guiloy
prototype roadcar (ton of colors)
gtr (ton of colors)

They are in order of quality also. Even the wrose model costs alot now!!

G
#9 ·
So is it a fight between bmw/mercedes over royalties or just them still arguing over the f1 in general. I remember when this first came up years ago but I thought one bought out the other.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
No, it's no fight.
McLaren is under strict control by Mercedes regarding their publicity stunts.
Having built the best roadcar in the world with their arc rival BMW I'm sure Mercedes has something to say about giving new licenses and promoting that car when the focus should be on the SLR and the loyalty issue in McLarens mind.
BMW on their hand has the same problem as they don't want McLaren to be promoted so that Mercedes can steal their thunder and they too has to be licenced because of the BMW engine thats highly visible on the F1.

Technically, the 1:18 and 1:12 licence is still out there, but belonged to PMA and UT, both out of business from their former self.
UT beeing a part of AUTOart probably has tried their best to release the McLaren again, but old contracts probably make it impossible as it is now.

New licenses will be released, but I doubt it will happen before the McLaren-Mercedes is more established as a brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.