DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a model I had always liked, maybe because of the actual car it's meant to represent. As a diecast, it's really nothing to boast about. In truth, its quality is lower than most of my much less expensive Maisto models. :giggle

G

·
Great shots...the car really stands out against the black :nicejob

I almost had one of those just like that :giggle

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
That McLaren is very beautiful.....

...the color is really great! :coolpics I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection....

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Ahhh! My dream model! These photos are incredible, definitely the best shots I've seen of this model. The background and reflection and everything, they look like they're from a magazine. Very very nice! :10

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Incredible pics, Felix!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words. I just realized these are some pretty old photos but I really like that first one. When I get a chance, I'll have to re-shoot pics of that car.

Jim: Let me look into that. If I'm not mistaken, this car was a prototype for the race car, akin to a track version of a car so that it is not street legal. The street-legal versions did not have a wing on the back.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
They have always been street legal, they were made for the celebration of the 5 Le Mans racers in 95'.
The LM is one of the sickest road cars ever, while it's downforcekit prevents the extreme high speed I seriously doubt there's anything road legal who can be compared overall performancewise in the hands of a skilled driver, probably only the Dauer Porsche 962..

And yes the LM in the picture (#3) was imported by Frank Selldorff, sold last year to Ralph Lauren :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You have a memory like a steel trap. Do you still recall this car was listed as a "Mclearan"?? That's why there were so few bidders on it. Little did I know (at that time) I was bidding against a fellow DXer. :giggle Did you mention selling off your F1 LM XP?

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for correcting me on that. I wasn't extirely sure abour the LM. I recall reading a huge long thread with Frank talking about the car. He would offer some people rides in his car just to share his passion for the car. Frank sounded like a real top-notch kind of guy.

JRO: Thanks for your kind words, as they mean a lot to me coming from a great diecast photographer that you are. :cheers

G

·
:coolpics

This model was one of the two models that made me start collecting seriously. I bought it from a DX member who introduced me to DX.

I love this model and it has always had a front-row-center display postion in my collection.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I don't own a single McLaren, and y'know, I am starting to wonder if that was the wrong decision.....

Too late now though. Macs cost far more than I am willing to pay.

Magic photos Felix. As usual. :nicejob

G

·
Isnt this frank guy the same one that said he would never sell it and ended up selling it? And that was the lm that was crashed severely while testing it after the tune up correct?
There is a catch for the macs to be roadlegal here in the states. They ship with a foam compostite front bumper cover since they are so low. But no one ever keeps them on and simply remove them after they are imported. The lms were made after the race versions max, and are actually more powerful than the race version since the restrictor plates are removed. This car also holds the record for 0-100-0 since it beat the famed shelby cobra.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.