DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mclaren P1 Volcano Yellow 2013 (Truescale)

Outwardly it is very good, the paint is perfect, there are parts of the body that have a carbon fiber effect and it is very well achieved, all the grilles are not blind except those of the nose, everything opens, except the hood, it has flaps in The roof that can be raised, the car has a high spoiler that can be put on by removing a cover that simulates the closed spoiler, the rims and tires are very well reproduced, the worst are the brake discs that are black plastic without more and are look unrealistic

The front part is well detailed, the parts that are carbon fiber are decals or similar, the floor is flocked which is like sandpaper, what I like least is that the dog's feet are too big, and the radiators that is a relief in the plasticnot very detailed

The interior is very detailed, as happens on the exterior there are parts that have a carbon fiber effect, the floor, the carpet is like sandpaper, the seats are made of plastic and they also have a sandpaper effect imitating alcantara skin, the seat belts are made of fabric, the dashboard is well detailed, what is carbon fiber is decal imitating that material, and as the seats also have an alcantara leather effect, the highly detailed steering wheel is made of plastic but with carbon fiber effect and alcantara leather

The engine,cannot be removed the hood so the only thing that can be seen of it is through a small window, and it is a piece of carbon fiber

Now the photos

1° round

2° round

3° round

4° round

·
Administrator
35,041 Posts
A really nice looking model. Lovely pictures too
I can't believe the real thing came out in 2013, that's crazy!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks good! Two things about this set of photos stand out to me for some reason:

On the model itself, I like the carbon fibre printing on the interior, namely the front binnacle, the dashboard, the centre console, and the steering wheel.

With your photos specifically, I like how your close-up shots captured the metallic flakes in the paint.

Well done photographing this model!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.