DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 268 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question has been lurking in my mind lately.

How does your wife/girlfriend react to your hobby... and mainly to the expensive purchases?

For me, she 'accepts' them, she has to like them though. We are only 1 year and 4 months together so its still early, but I sometimes think of how she will react to my future purchases when we will be earning money for our common good.

How do you guys handle it?

(Feel free to move this topic, I wasn't sure if I should post ot here or in the Off topic area)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
My girlfriend loves them. :danbana :woohoo :yahoo Infact I have to get a them in the colors she likes. Luckily its not pink all the time. But I have been warned. After the wedding I cant say a word when she gets perfumes and shoes. :help :shipwrecked

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you paid how much for that?!! it just a toy.......just metal.........(walks away mind boggled) :confused

she lets me do whatever i want, mainly because she "collects shoes, purses, shirts, shorts, belts, days getting fingernails done,, etc blah blah. on a side note, when i was still in college i would get all my cars shipped to my parents house mainly. my mom made me stop getting things shipped there (3-5 pakages a week)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My husband don't mind...He sometimes buys me ...Even though he sometimes buys me the wrong car or repeated one , but I love him for that anyway! Is the thouhgt that counts!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yo, you are 'youngpups'!! Mrs. SM and I just hit our 14th anniversary today. I bought her a dozen longstem roses, so I'm good for a bunch more diecasts.....not that THAT was the reason why I bought the roses. :lol :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right at this moment, she is happier then a pig in *&%*^% :lol because she doesn't think, I bought any mods for a while :giggle You noticed I have been doing some trading as of late, well, inbetween all the trades, I threw in some purchuses! :wink When they show up, & she asks where I got it,,,, :giggle ,,,"in a trade :lol ',,,,,,bY THE WAY, IF SHE EMAILS ANY1 TO SEE IF THE STORY HOLDS WATER :badidea ! :shipwrecked :shipwrecked :shipwrecked :help :lol :lol J/K!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
So far (almost 4 years, now), my GF has been nothing BUT supportive when it comes to "toys". We usually choose the models 2gether and not only she encourages me to buy them, but she even funds many of them "by force" whenever I get a "reality stroke" and realize that maybe that money should be spent more for household use (yeah, she earns more money than I do :wink ). But then again, the moment passes quickly :giggle. If there's someone having a problem with my hobby, that would be my father! Everey time he comes by my place and enters my diecast room, he becomes :help and keeps telling me I must have a couple of screws loose and that, with the money I spent on models, I could have bought a serious 1:1 car (which ain't that far from the truth, I guess...)

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wife..............you off to play with your toys are you?
Me.........only when i've cut the grass,finished the patio,put up those shelves you wanted and decorated the bathroom dear. :giggle
Joking apart my wife is very understanding of my appreciation of diecasts.
She has no interest in them herself but understands why i do.
She has her own collection of Pigs.......ceramic,wooden,prints,paintings etc.
we have what is known as piggie corner in our house,so she does not complain when the odd diecast appears in a new spot somewhere around the house.
It's give and take and respecting each others interests,hobbies and views. :wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ken,
this is second time round for me,just had our 2 year anniversary yesterday........i won't be doing it again i found my true soul mate we are good buddies.
Ken i hope the same comes true for you mate :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you paid how much for that?!! it just a toy.......just metal.........(walks away mind boggled)

she lets me do whatever i want, mainly because she "collects shoes, purses, shirts, shorts, belts, days getting fingernails done,, etc blah blah.
It's give and take and respecting each others interests,hobbies and views .
I guess that is all living together means, and yes.... she has her own number of Purchases (she classifies them as needs though :giggle) well, so are diecasts!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Congratulations Steve, on your 2nd Anniversary

At this moment in time I have 2 loves (DX and the Bus Museum) perhaps one day I might find a 3rd
:giggle

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wife of six years and my five month old son are :eek:k good
with me collecting them and buying them for me as gifts
for holidays and :happybd , but they only know about 3/4
of the cars that I buy. I'm not sure why I do this :confused , I guess
I'm affraid she'll snap one :ranting day with some of the buys I make?!?
And some times I just can't wait :waiting to save up for one!
I really should be more honest!!! Good luck with it!! :giggle
:tempted :help :cheers

1 - 20 of 268 Posts