DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
People are making a too big deal out of this. This hobby is not different than any other and to those wifes that complaining I dont get that either. Men and women are different and they need to do different stuff in terms of spare time activities. Its just the modern gender neutral media that show a fairytale story on TV where men do "anything" just to please their wife/girlfriend.

Also scale models are no toys, they are pieces of art specialy with the current prices. Collecting scale models is no different than collecting stamps, watches, baseball cards, pokemon cards, magazines or what ever it can be.

To me, beeing intrested in cars I rather find it odd if you dont collect diecast cars. And this hobby is even more popular in non wester countries like japan, china, dubai, qatar etc. We westerners feel too much guilt some times and cant enjoy without feeling guilty due to the enviorment we are living in.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Men and women are different and they need to do different stuff in terms of spare time activities
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Why must there be gender-specific hobbies? While other girls were playing with dolls, I've assembled my first model kits, when I was 12 or 13 years old.

I collect for about 30 years with great joy model and toy cars, even though I'm a woman. Is that wrong?

[/quote]
Well you are correct but the general situation that is described here is that the men have specific hobies i.e. diecast cars and their girlfriends and wifes have other interests. But this shouldnt be an issue or limitation since both partners are obviously different and have the right to spend time on what they enjoy. Yes you are a woman liking diecast cars but it is uncommon. And women have to blame themselves for that stereotype ^^.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.