DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
What a Thread!
If a man would sleeping with me because of my diecast collection, I would send him directly to hell.
Haha! Nice one, Nicki! But, in all seriousness, you might have to be mindful of that "type" of man since you are a lady who happens to enjoy model cars. You're a rare breed in the eyes of most men!

[/quote]

I'm so rare that the men with whom I chat, always ask first if I was a man, when I tell them that my hobby is my model car collection, Matthew. If I deny the question, they ask me if I was a lesbian.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm so rare that the men with whom I chat, always ask first if I was a man, when I tell them that my hobby is my model car collection, Matthew. If I deny the question, they ask me if I was a lesbian.
Too funny!

I am curious to know - are you just into collecting model cars, or would you consider yourself an automobile enthusiast? Do you enjoy going to car shows, hanging around mechanic shops, and/or keeping up with car stuff in general?
[/quote]

It all started with the 1:1 cars, Matthew. I screwed on my own VW Beetles and I have also painted the airbrush pictures myself.

As you can see in the photo, I was with the black / silver beetle on a custom show. But I did not only participated in the custom show, I have also visited them. A big show was at that time every year in Ostend / Belgium. In parallel, I devoured the magazine "Chrome & Flames". Still today I have kept all expenses from the 80s and 90s in journal folders.

At the time I had founded even then my own VW Beetle club. We were always together on the road on the weekends. That has always been fun.

Eventually I visited the Volkswagen Museum in Wolfsburg. Since I became aware of the model cars and from there I started to collect them.

·
Registered
637 Posts

Men and women are different and they need to do different stuff in terms of spare time activities
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Why must there be gender-specific hobbies? While other girls were playing with dolls, I've assembled my first model kits, when I was 12 or 13 years old.

I collect for about 30 years with great joy model and toy cars, even though I'm a woman. Is that wrong?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.