DiecastXchange Forum banner
181 - 200 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Die-casts are like chick repellant. And if I do get them to look at my collection, they soon start to figure out that my total investment in scale cars could have netted me a new Corvette. Man, that door slams loud.

·
Super Moderator
5,802 Posts
Die-casts are like chick repellant. And if I do get them to look at my collection, they soon start to figure out that my total investment in scale cars could have netted me a new Corvette. Man, that door slams loud.
Isn't it expected that men collect something, or have a hobby of some sort? Maybe I'm too young to talk in this thread, but the girls I know don't really care enough to be attracted or repelled by it.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Is anyone collecting 1/18 diecast models to attract the opposite sex? (serious question)
Maybe

From experiences, girls don't really care about my collection. Most would comment on it saying its so "small." My best friend (who happens to be a girl) is starting to take an interest in cars so I got her a 1/18 AUTOart VW Beetle convertible as a gift. She fell in love with it have added two more models since. Both are Maisto, Mustang and Mini Cooper.

·
Jimmii
91 Posts
You guys are too funny! I personally think that its hard to find a girl that's crazy about diecast cars. They're out there though, you just have to search really hard..hehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #191 · (Edited)
I think the only way our collections could work on attracting girls is through deceit.
In the bar. A girl "so you drove here?"
You "No. I don't like to drink and drive"
Girl "Oh, I see. What kind of car do you have?"
You " I have a couple of Mercedes a Bentley and few Ferraris"
"Rally!!!!!!!!!!"
"yeah! You wanna come to my place and see them?" .................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
lol ok I'll try and approach a girl next time in a club or bar by telling her I collect diecast cars and will report back on how that goes.........
Good luck on that score, LOL! It's my experience that the only thing my diecast collection attracts is dust!
[/quote]

LOL. ..........and my wife's anger

·
Registered
96 Posts
loool this made me laugh!...the closest ive ever had is when a girl sees a diecast model in my collection in a colour she really likes...to which i reply "really! how about I take you out to the shops and buy you a pair of shoes in that exact same colour" and every guys knows after you get home from your shopping trip(what i mean by your is her shopping trip but your account lol) you will be irresistible to her...so indirectly my diecast model has led to SEXY TIME! hahaha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
lol ok I'll try and approach a girl next time in a club or bar by telling her I collect diecast cars and will report back on how that goes.........
Good luck on that score, LOL! It's my experience that the only thing my diecast collection attracts is dust!
[/quote]

So true LOL!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think the only way our collections could work on attracting girls is through deceit.
"Rally!!!!!!!!!!"
Very smooth line there, mrm. Of course the trick would be getting her to stay for more than a minute once she got there!
And it also doesn't address how you get back to the bar the next morning to pick up your clapped out Lada.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #197 · (Edited)
"Rally!!!!!!!!!!"
Very smooth line there, mrm. Of course the trick would be getting her to stay for more than a minute once she got there!
And it also doesn't address how you get back to the bar the next morning to pick up your clapped out Lada.

[/quote]

That is really funny, that you know what a LADA is and you can associate it with me being Bulgarian. I really have to give you points for that.

But I happened to live right outside Aspen, Colorado. I have a clapped out Subaru, only because I am not allowed to really have a Ferrari due to my past hospital records under the threat of divorce. And i really don't like to drink and drive and the bar is actually walking distance from home. However my problem is that it is such a small community where I live, that everyone knows everyone. But that line could definitely work in Vegas for example. But then again, over there you don't really need a line to get laid.

·
Registered
97 Posts
HA! And yeah, mrm, I saw the flag in your online i.d. and just assumed you still lived in the "Old Country." Here in Vermont, the Lazy Man's Colorado, I'm well acquainted with the ubiquitous Subaru Outback. In fact, there are so many of them around here that I consider it the Unofficial State Bird. LADA's I know from Canada, which is not so far away, and from my morbid fascination with the unacanny ability of Fiat to get so many extra years of life out of their old tooling. I swear, they must hold the Guiness World's Record for that!

181 - 200 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.