DiecastXchange Forum banner
201 - 220 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
My wife uses it as a weapon against me. If she see's a box on the porch she tells me she's going to the mall! I get a GMP street fighter camaro, she get's a pair of shoes, I got the ERTL Monte Carlo, and the Buick GTX shining stars model (from a good fellow on the board no less) and she got a pair of sunglasses.

It cost's me more than you guys can know.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Just imagine being in a pub or club, and using the chat up line.... hi there.... want to come back to my place and check out my 1/18 collection...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well this may sound insane - but a girl did fake she collected diecasts cuz she had a crush on me

So here's hows it was - There was this girl in my tuts, with whom I wasn't more than just a friend. Our conversations were limited to just "Hi-Bye". One day, I uploaded pics of my models on my Facebook profile. They were the worst I had ever clicked (I was into 1:64 back then, photographing those tiny objects is such a PIA !) and the next day, after the tuts she came to me and told "Even I collect models" I was like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat ? A girl collecting scale models ?
" She said she had close to 90 1:64s. I was still astonished. Asked her what made her like cars, and she replied her dad owned a car spare parts business so "Cars were in her blood
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
" A few days of talking with her (Naturally, any diecast collector will go mad on knowing some girl too collects models), I realised not only was the collection nonexistent, her dad wasn't into automobile spare parts as well ! And she didn't know a thing or two about cars other than identify common exotics ! Everything turned to out to be fake, and was just cooked up to start a conversation with me

My reaction the next moment -

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Rosso.... now thats funny. Atleast she showed you some interest, my wife just thinks they are TOYS.

Lol bloody women eh!!!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
The next moment -
I take it you're winding us up Rushi....???
As you can see, you got me, 'cause i just don't know!!

[/quote]

No Eddy, it really happened !

Edited the post, had forgotten to add "My reaction", so you confused it for a troll

[/quote]

Who would believe it?
Brilliant story Rush!
Is the young lady still in the picture? - sounds like she's a real tryer!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Who would believe it?
Brilliant story Rush!
Is the young lady still in the picture? - sounds like she's a real tryer!
No no. I cut contact the moment I realised all this was fake ! And its almost 2 yrs since all this - Enjoying singledom. No worry about your girlfriend threatening to break your cars if she gets angry !!

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
@Randy the roadrunner Rosie o donell just became a little bit hotter... Lol
I think the only way you can get a female with your diecast collection is...
1 tell her that diecasts are to men is what chocolate clothes and diamonds are to girls
2 buy or rent that lamborghini aventador that was mentioned a few pages ago

·
Wheels Direct
17 Posts
A woman sleeping with you for your die-cast?!?! Is that even possible?!?! My girlfriend finds it adorable and interesting that I collect model cars. I occasionally giver her the hint hint coff coff nudge nudge to get her to give me a die-cast for my birthday. They might not sleep with you for your die-cast collection but you will surely get free model cars from them LOL! It's a win win situation!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I am really good friends with this girl, no she is not my girlfriend though i wish (she is currently with another guy). she has seen my collection and questioned me rather thoroughly on each and every one of the cars. She also has a few of her own, though for her it is just some cool stuff she acquired while on vacation. Cars are a subject she frequently talks to me about though. any questions about cars come straight to me....through 3 ways all at the same time: email, text, and fb message. for my birthday, she did get me a diecast, but no i don't think i would be able to get her through a diecast collection....though i was the person who got her interested in cars in the first place.

·
Registered
213 Posts
What a Thread!
If a man would sleeping with me because of my diecast collection, I would send him directly to hell.
Haha! Nice one, Nicki! But, in all seriousness, you might have to be mindful of that "type" of man since you are a lady who happens to enjoy model cars. You're a rare breed in the eyes of most men!

[/quote]

Nicely said there Biblitect

·
Registered
836 Posts
my GF thinks i have too many model cars, she even says im obsessed and have a natural problem. Yet she will occasionally by me a model to add which is a good thing!!! A trick i found was to torment and encourage her own collection(obsession) of cute cuddly owls.

She does get rather cheerful when i tell her how much i sold models for on ebay....most of the money ends up on her anyway

·
Registered
637 Posts
What a Thread!
If a man would sleeping with me because of my diecast collection, I would send him directly to hell.
Haha! Nice one, Nicki! But, in all seriousness, you might have to be mindful of that "type" of man since you are a lady who happens to enjoy model cars. You're a rare breed in the eyes of most men!

[/quote]

I'm so rare that the men with whom I chat, always ask first if I was a man, when I tell them that my hobby is my model car collection, Matthew. If I deny the question, they ask me if I was a lesbian.

·
Banned
6,036 Posts
I'm so rare that the men with whom I chat, always ask first if I was a man, when I tell them that my hobby is my model car collection, Matthew. If I deny the question, they ask me if I was a lesbian.
Too funny!

I am curious to know - are you just into collecting model cars, or would you consider yourself an automobile enthusiast? Do you enjoy going to car shows, hanging around mechanic shops, and/or keeping up with car stuff in general?

201 - 220 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.