DiecastXchange Forum banner
221 - 240 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
From a female perspective, you would've gotten my attention by saying "Hey, want to check out my Murcielago at my place? ;)"
HELLZ YEAHHHH!
Then realize....oh...it's on a shelf. BUT...then the whole convo of model collecting would come into place. Wahoo!

That has never happened to me before though XD. Most of my guy friends think it's cool I have my own little collection. My bf thinks I'm a weirdo for collecting (plus a waste of money). But if I were to pick up a guy with my die-cast model talk....I think it could work. Actually, it did, but wrong type of guy for me lmao. Note guys: don't always talk about cars 24/7...and I mean literally 24/7...it gets boring after a while.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
From a female perspective, you would've gotten my attention by saying "Hey, want to check out my Murcielago at my place? ;)"
HELLZ YEAHHHH!
Then realize....oh...it's on a shelf. BUT...then the whole convo of model collecting would come into place. Wahoo!

That has never happened to me before though XD. Most of my guy friends think it's cool I have my own little collection. My bf thinks I'm a weirdo for collecting (plus a waste of money). But if I were to pick up a guy with my die-cast model talk....I think it could work. Actually, it did, but wrong type of guy for me lmao. Note guys: don't always talk about cars 24/7...and I mean literally 24/7...it gets boring after a while.
lol. hey at least your collection isn't shoes or perfume otherwise he would probably be despairing even more about the hole you burn in his wallet when you go shopping.

·
Registered
511 Posts
lol. hey at least your collection isn't shoes or perfume otherwise he would probably be despairing even more about the hole you burn in his wallet when you go shopping.
HAhahah true! But I don't make him pay for stuff I want, so he is lucky lol!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
HAhahah true! But I don't make him pay for stuff I want, so he is lucky lol!
[/quote]

you're right he is really lucky!! well hope the hole in your wallet closes quickly....so it can be opened again once you get more diecasts. oh the life of a diecast collector.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm so rare that the men with whom I chat, always ask first if I was a man, when I tell them that my hobby is my model car collection, Matthew. If I deny the question, they ask me if I was a lesbian.
Too funny!

I am curious to know - are you just into collecting model cars, or would you consider yourself an automobile enthusiast? Do you enjoy going to car shows, hanging around mechanic shops, and/or keeping up with car stuff in general?
[/quote]

It all started with the 1:1 cars, Matthew. I screwed on my own VW Beetles and I have also painted the airbrush pictures myself.

As you can see in the photo, I was with the black / silver beetle on a custom show. But I did not only participated in the custom show, I have also visited them. A big show was at that time every year in Ostend / Belgium. In parallel, I devoured the magazine "Chrome & Flames". Still today I have kept all expenses from the 80s and 90s in journal folders.

At the time I had founded even then my own VW Beetle club. We were always together on the road on the weekends. That has always been fun.

Eventually I visited the Volkswagen Museum in Wolfsburg. Since I became aware of the model cars and from there I started to collect them.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm so rare that the men with whom I chat, always ask first if I was a man, when I tell them that my hobby is my model car collection, Matthew. If I deny the question, they ask me if I was a lesbian.
Too funny!

I am curious to know - are you just into collecting model cars, or would you consider yourself an automobile enthusiast? Do you enjoy going to car shows, hanging around mechanic shops, and/or keeping up with car stuff in general?
[/quote]

It all started with the 1:1 cars, Matthew. I screwed on my own VW Beetles and I have also painted the airbrush pictures myself.

As you can see in the photo, I was with the black / silver beetle on a custom show. But I did not only participated in the custom show, I have also visited them. A big show was at that time every year in Ostend / Belgium. In parallel, I devoured the magazine "Chrome & Flames". Still today I have kept all expenses from the 80s and 90s in journal folders.

At the time I had founded even then my own VW Beetle club. We were always together on the road on the weekends. That has always been fun.

Eventually I visited the Volkswagen Museum in Wolfsburg. Since I became aware of the model cars and from there I started to collect them.
[/quote]

im not a vw beetle fan by nature, but dang those look nice!! you should make a 1:18 replica of them :).

·
Registered
511 Posts
My girl used to say she liked me being a modeler, because I could fiddle with thing for hours on end without getting bored. Now that I'm over 60, she says..."Go build a friggin model, and leave me alone!" LOL
LOL she is a keeper!

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
lol ok I'll try and approach a girl next time in a club or bar by telling her I collect diecast cars and will report back on how that goes.........
Good luck on that score, LOL! It's my experience that the only thing my diecast collection attracts is dust!
[/quote]

LOL. ..........and my wife's anger
[/quote]

+1 LMAO. There was one time I took my collectible cars out for dusting and my wife said, "honey its not the right time to do this". I then replied "hun its never the right time". Lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
My missus likes them for one reason only, as a bribe to get me to do something! She knows how much I cherish my models, one threat of letting the kids play with them, and ill even go so far as to get the ironing board out! Lol 😄

·
Registered
933 Posts
To be honest, I have been married for far too long to have to impress any more women. But if for any reason, I found myself to be single, then I don't think my singles ad would read:

41 yr old exceptionally attractive, athletic male, enjoys nights out, movies, poker and collecting diecast toy cars. Seeking similar female.

It would most likely read:

41yr old bloke, needs a shag. call me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ha ha ha love this. been married for far to long (16 years) lost to may teeth and almost all my hair so telling a women that I have a nice collection of 1 18 cars is not going to help . getting them to talk to me in the first place would be a bonus lol. also the wife has all ways said that if I wake up and there is a hole in my collection then we are skint

221 - 240 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.