DiecastXchange Forum banner
241 - 260 of 268 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Finally, a place to share my pain!

Since I've been collecting die-casts, I can't seem to get a moment's rest. Sometimes I think these chicks don't want me at all, just a chance to get close to my sweet models!
Some mornings I wake up, after a long, hot night and find her staring at the models. "Hey, I'm over here!" I say, but she ignores me. "I'm not just a piece of meat, you know. I have feelings!"

Everyone knows that gold-digging sluts like Ferrari's. It doesn't matter how big they are, as long as they're red.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Finally, a place to share my pain!

Since I've been collecting die-casts, I can't seem to get a moment's rest. Sometimes I think these chicks don't want me at all, just a chance to get close to my sweet models!
Some mornings I wake up, after a long, hot night and find her staring at the models. "Hey, I'm over here!" I say, but she ignores me. "I'm not just a piece of meat, you know. I have feelings!"

Everyone knows that gold-digging sluts like Ferrari's. It doesn't matter how big they are, as long as they're red.
Ha Ha Ha love it

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
This subject always makes me think of 40 year old virgin. I fear that Someday, some woman is going to come along and make me not only stop buying models, she is going to make me sell off my collection and invest in a shoe and hand bag store...and she'll even make me think it was my idea.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It would be fun if you're a secret billionaire and then you have that room full of diecast, and everybody thinks that you are lame. Then one day you came to school with a Ferrari and every girl wants to be with you no matter how many diecast you have....

·
Registered
270 Posts
my girlfriend bought me a 1:43 hpi mazda 787B for christmas so it can match with my 787B in 1:18
She shows interest in what I collect and buy but that's it. She thinks it is too expensive

·
Registered
495 Posts
First they were shocked and then they looked at it for a few minutes and that's all :( if someone does get a happy night because of their diecast cars I would eat my own hair

G

·
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
This subject always makes me think of 40 year old virgin. I fear that Someday, some woman is going to come along and make me not only stop buying models, she is going to make me sell off my collection and invest in a shoe and hand bag store...and she'll even make me think it was my idea.
I used to be married to a woman like that.

All the things that meant something to me... still with me.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Not sure if I've told this story recently, but when my wife and I first met, I had a one-bedroom apartment, with my collection on shelves, creatively, in the living room. Once she agreed to move to Texas to be with me, I agreed to upgrade to a two-bedroom apartment. When she finally moved in, there we were, in our two-bedroom apartment: one bedroom for us, the other for my ever-expanding collection.

Of course, we now own a three-bedroom house, but the dedication to diecast has not changed. One full bedroom (and a little spillover to other parts of the house) dedicated to my diecast collection, one bedroom is her home office, and the Master Bedroom.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

that is a wonderful compromise!!! she gets her home office and you get yours. except your office is like a 5 year old's dream home :p.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Trust me, it will always be a problem no matter what you think. BUT on the flip side their opinion doesn't matter when collecting diecast hahahahaha.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
One of the funniest topics I've read

In the unlikely event you find anyone who doesn't think you're at least a little nutty for collecting toy cars, you're on a winner. Don't let them go :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
People are making a too big deal out of this. This hobby is not different than any other and to those wifes that complaining I dont get that either. Men and women are different and they need to do different stuff in terms of spare time activities. Its just the modern gender neutral media that show a fairytale story on TV where men do "anything" just to please their wife/girlfriend.

Also scale models are no toys, they are pieces of art specialy with the current prices. Collecting scale models is no different than collecting stamps, watches, baseball cards, pokemon cards, magazines or what ever it can be.

To me, beeing intrested in cars I rather find it odd if you dont collect diecast cars. And this hobby is even more popular in non wester countries like japan, china, dubai, qatar etc. We westerners feel too much guilt some times and cant enjoy without feeling guilty due to the enviorment we are living in.

241 - 260 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.