DiecastXchange Forum banner
121 - 140 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
It helps that my father in-law is a complete hoarder. He has a 3 car garage completely full of all kinds of garbage (no 1:1 cars in there) and everything is full of dust and crap. However I am told that there is a rear panel of a Porsche 908, most of the running gear of a Abarth 750 Double Bubble and 4 tyres from a Cheetah race car amongst all his shit.

So in comparison I look like an angel. The fact too that most of my collection is worth something and is in excellent condition helps. No my wife is very kind and has gifted me some very expensive diecasts in the past and always listens to what I wish for - no complaints

·
Registered
645 Posts
My wife is supportive of my hobby, even though she isn't a huge car fan in general. For example she has bought the little $2 Hot Wheels cars because she thought they were cute, and enjoys many parts of Top Gear. And while she doesn't usually look at the cars with me when we are out shopping, she does point out things in catalogues or on tv that I might like, such as the Ferrari Collection Magazine she saw on TV and recorded it to make sure I'd see it as she thought I'd like it. I think the only time she is concerned is when I'm spending too much, but then that's just logical. She is also happy for us to get a display cabinet to show them in the lounge room. My brother is much more critical than her - he thinks I've got too many already! Then again, if you count the hundreds of Hot Wheels 1:64s I have, I probably do!

Anyway, I feel lucky to have her :)

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Awesome Raidou!

Jealous...

I wish my wife had some hobby too that I could leverage for my evil purposes but she's not into much. She likes most of my street cars but hates the race cars.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My wife has been very tolerant of my addition to diecast models, but, like JSB33, displaying them in the living room, or even in the family room, is not under consideration. Therefore, all of mine are in display cases in my office and in my garage. So far, she hasn't given me any hassle about how much I have tied up in them (probably because she doesn't have any real idea). And, she hasn't said anything yet about the quarter of the attic that is taken up by my boxes for all the models.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My wife doesn't object, though she wishes I collected 1:43's instead just to save some room.

And I usually find that treating her to something from the Diamond Centre on our annual trip to Dubai helps her understanding of my model car purchases!

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I'm also very lucky with my wife. She loves cars, especially the fast ones ( her car has even more horsepower than mine
).

But until 2 years ago, she could not share my passion with collecting, but sad never something against it. Since than, she started to collect scale 1/43, its not a big collection like mine, but also nice cars.

Than, two month ago, we started to move to a new flat and she asked me, if I really need all these cars. After thinking about it, I decided to sell some of them. She made the bet, that I will first buy a new one before selling one. And what can I say, I have already 4 new and no one sold :giggle:

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
WHAT?! Just kidding, I prefer my women a little more er, cultured.
Os, you and Seby are two peas in a pod.....

[/quote]
Why, what did Seby say that I missed? Or are you being sarcastic

[/quote]

.....I was referring to Sebs comments in Randy Roadrunner's thread here...!
In fact Os, I think you are the only Aussie to not to have posted there!
So yes, having 'met' the bevy of classy chicks you associate with, I WAS being sarcastic!!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
WHAT?! Just kidding, I prefer my women a little more er, cultured.
Os, you and Seby are two peas in a pod.....

[/quote]
Why, what did Seby say that I missed? Or are you being sarcastic

[/quote]

.....I was referring to Sebs comments in Randy Roadrunner's thread here...!
In fact Os, I think you are the only Aussie to not to have posted there!
So yes, having 'met' the bevy of classy chicks you associate with, I WAS being sarcastic!!

[/quote]
Ooo hello there!
But I've seen worse! Want me to post? Haha joking!

·
Diecast Lover
1,095 Posts
At first my wife was "OK" with my collection when it was less than 100, but
now she list all the things I could have spent money on besides my collection...
She generally doesn't care, but I was forced to move my collection to a 12' X 8' room.
A good third of my collection is now boxed in a closet so I REALLY have to be selective about
which models I buy (Thankfully AUTOart has helped me with their new pricing).

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
My wife rolls her eye most of the time when I tell her I'm buying another diecast, until I bring up how much she spend on her bags and stamping... . And she just bought me my AutoArt Pagani Zonda last month for my birthday. But seriouly I'm trying really watch what I buy because of space.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My Wife to be (lot of time left but still) loves my 1:18s. I got her a nice VE beetle cabrio for her bday recently too. :) She said she appreciates the passion I have for cars in general. And between my collection of 10 1:1s and 200+ 1:18s, I always find time for her. :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
We all know that if you drove a brand new Lamborghini Aventador anywhere, you'd get noticed. No matter how fat and old you are. The reason is simple. The Aventador is a very very expensive car and it's unlikely that anyone who owns one, isn't already a millionaire. And no man who is a millionaire is unattractive to women. Or most women. Or enough women that at least one would sleep with you just because you were that rich.

But has anyone actually attracted a woman because they collect diecast models? I mean actually impressing a woman so much with your diecast models that they actually slept with you because of it.

I'll wager a whole heap of Maisto models that has never ever happened in the history of humanity.

121 - 140 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.