DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these 2 Mercs for just $7 .

Even at 3 times the price they would be a bargain . Everyones seen them and knows what theyre like so just a couple of pics .

Great value GT series :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
What a steal, Gary - congratulations!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Please........tell me...where to you shop!!!!!

$7 for those two....I don't collect that kind of models but for that price, I would've bought them too......

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Ah-HA! Gotcha!!!!......I saw you comin' big time Winston! :lol

...I knew you would get the wrong idea!!!! What I meant was, for 7$ I would've definitly bought them......but for resaling on Ebay! :giggle

....Sorry to dissapoint you! :cheers but I don't think 2006 is going to be the year of my first racer....I still don't like them...fine to look at....but not for me to buy!

....still you gotta to admit that, for someone who doesn't like writtings of all kind on a car, my Minichamps Porsche RSR is a huge step for me! :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm going to call you 'bargain bucket basement boy' from now on :giggle
what a steal Gaz.....two lovely Maisto offerings :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, what a fantastic deal! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

These are some of the best budget diecasts produced, in my opinion. Good going, Gary! :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
$7?!?!? All the more power to you SG!! Those are two great cars by Maisto. The silver one is the very first DTM car I ever bought so it has a special place in my collection. The one CLK DTM cara that I wished I could find is the one with AMG and broad diagonal charcoal stripes across it. I think that was a 2003 car driven by Alesi(??).

Congrats on your additions SG. :cheers Wait a minute....there's not Porsches. What's going on?? :giggle

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just bought that silver CLK-DTM with D2 today from a local Zellers.

Unfortunately for me, the model was in a used condition, it had the plastic window missing on the box, and both mirrors were gone and so was the mercedes logo at the front (the one that sticks out).

The Maisto GT models were labelled as $29.99cad, and I asked the lady at the counter if I could have that one for a discount price since it wasn't in new condition, so I got it for $10cad, so about $8 US which is a fair price since that's all I had to pay and I really wanted the model anyhow so it was basically the steal.

I'm really upset about the fact that the mirrors and merc logo isn't there though.. I think I should be able to repair that somehow.

BTW, how do you open the engine cover on it. :confused

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Asuming it's the same as my 2000 car which it should be, first you have to slide the bonnet/hood piece horizontally forward a little bit before you try and lift upwards at all. It might be a bit tight on some models if it hasn't been done before. This unhooks the hood from the pins that hold it on and gets the front grille clear of the towhook. Then you should be able to lift forwards and up and the whole piece comes totally free.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.