DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ever since I have seen the M-B DTM's on Felix's website, I have wanted one. While shopping at KayBee toys today, guess what? They have the Service 24h version, so it went home with me. I'm dissappointed that the only opening parts it has is the doors, but otherwise, it is a pretty impressive model. The wheels and tires are very well done. There is writing on the side walls. Maisto has simulated carbon fiber brake discs and the calipers have "AP racing" stenciled on them, but the disc and caliper are all one piece and are static. The markings are all tampos. There does not seem to be one sticker or decal on the outside of the car anywhere beyond the "Karcher" stickers for license plates. The front grill is plastic, not mesh, but it is realistic-looking. The grill that Felix mentioned was jaggedly cast on some of his DTM cars is crisp and nice on mine. The headlights do have noticable mounting studs, however. I guess because there is no engine, Maisto gave you some features on this model that it usually doesn't. It has side windows, and a full roll cage. The doors do not have dog legs. Over-all, I'm pleased with it. . . I'm trying some inside picture experiments, and will figure it out eventually. . .

Ok, I am not so bright. When putting the car back on it's base, I noticed a paper that showed you how to take the nose off, and low and behold, there is stuff under there!! I am a bonehead. . . :giggle

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats Eddie! :cheers

I've been seeing this white one and another black CLK DTM at KB toys recently...

The black one I got off JAcob has engine details tho :confused

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
What have we here?? You bought a racing car! :happy :happy :happy Congrats on it Eddie. BTW, the front hood does open up. You have to pull it forward. I'd suggest you hold the front by its fender flares.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Eddie - I could have got a few of those cheap at a local department store last Christmas, but didn't pull the trigger, and I've been kicking myself ever since.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Congrats Eddie. Thats a really beautiful car. There was a time on DX where everyone was bitten by the DTM bug and this one was one of the if not the one of the most sought liveries. I could blame Felix myself for those splendid pics which would give me the final push over the cliff to get this car. The actual car didnt perform too well in the DTM races, its best finish was in the 4th place. But the livery is a real winner. Here is my example which was found in a place I would last look for.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Thanks Felix. Its only a PS job. The black surface is our humble kitchen counter. :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Congrats Eddie!
You are a man after my own heart, I love these things.
I have one of each livery and a few that are unliveried.

Watch out, more of these may follow you home :giggle

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Yeah, that is a cool pic!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts