DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this model - not one I have seen much of here on DX.

I have been looking to add this one for a while to complete my set, but I always find them at a price that is more than I am willing to pay.

Are these rare models at all.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It's a really outstanding model for $20, in my opinion. Bburago also made one that's not nearly as good. I thought they were plentiful but I couldn't find one on ebay, just the Uhlenhauf coupes. Even Kevin's out of stock! But I'm sure tens of thousands were made so they have to be somewhere. :confused

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It' s model you do not see every day on Ebay, but to say it's HTF, not that...I think that ,together with the 300SLR #104 (one seater) it is one of the better productions of Maisto...smooth paintjob and nicely dtailed interior...Enginecompartment and trunk can be opened. Nicely detailed engine...two 'covered spare tires are present in the trunk...

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I would say if you find it for anything inferior to 30 bucks it's a good buy, since like the #104 it's a great budget model. I don't know why, but of the two the #722 is harder to find.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
This doesn't pop up as often as most Maistos. From what I've seen and heard it's a cracking model even if you do pay a little more than most budgets. I have found it on one site here in the UK, but prices always seem higher here, and it is up for £24.99 without shipping, which is nearing $50!!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I'm not sure how hard to find they are, but I have this one plus the Targa Florio version. My main dislike is the headlights which have a huge visible mounting peg in the middle of them! One of these days I would love to modify the lights to try and make them look more realistic as I think it would improve the look of the model immeasurably :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I waited and waited for a cheap one on Ebay and finally got one for less than $20 shipped. $35 is not market value.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Considering the quality of the model and the history of the 1:1, I would gladly pay $35 for one. It was this car that Sterling Moss drove in the 1955 Mille Miglia in probably the greatest ever feat by a race driver. Through the country roads and small towns of Italy in the mid-'50's, Moss drove 997 miles in 10 hrs., 7 min. for an average speed of 98 mph! in my opinion, a truly phenominal performance! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well looks like I am not the only one wanting this model :giggle

Thanks for the feedback gents, I will keep an eye peeled out for one - of course when I find one, I will be keeping it to myself unless of course the price is too high :lol

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I would not go too high on this one as it is still on the Maisto catalog.
http://www.maisto.com/product_detail.asp?prod=33&from=26

It is part of the more elusive Premiere Edition and not the more common Special Edition.

I wonder if there is a TuesdayMorning somewhere with a shelf full of these? :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I did see the Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Coupe "Uhlenhaut" at T-M, but will check a couple more.
I also wonder if HobbyLobby sells it in kit form? ...Eddie?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.