DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mr. Maestro862, would you tell us about what all you did to the model as far as detailing is concerned. I have the same model, the white Maisto as you, and would like to add details too. Curious as to what all you have done to it. Thanks.

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The major things concern the wheels and front grille/side vents on cowl ...
I applied a wash of china ink to bring out the datail and knock out the shine to make it look more realistic. The other thing I did was apply some bare metal foil to the parts that are supposed to be chromed (as opposed to painted silver).

The bare metal foil work doesn't really stand out on this model. It is much more obvious on my blue 500K.

G

·
Does anyone know the history behind the original Maharadja SSK? (if there was actually one). Why is it called Maharadja?

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hello Ivan,
The "Maharaja" was custom modified for an Indian Maharaja to go tiger hunting and/or picknicing... hence the large compartments over the running boards...to store all the extra stuff.

I'll check at home to see if they have more info on this

G

·
The white is surely a beauty.

I was in the market for one of these a while back and could only find the Red version - which just isn't as nice as the White.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.