DiecastXchange Forum banner

Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Street Version

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Dennis 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
MB CLK-GTR Street Version by Maisto. Ever since I saw this kit at Hobby Lobby about three weeks ago, it spoke to me. When H-L had their half price sale on diecast kits last week, it was the first one I grabbed. Over-all, a nice kit. The three faults I find with it is the front doesn't open, the seats had paper stickers to replicate the plaid cloth inserts, and it has brake discs but no calipers. I had absolutely no problems assembling it. Everything went together as it was supposed to.

What I did to it: First off, I have to thank Jeff, (Max Power) for giving me the idea for the MB star decal for the air box. After a couple failed attempts at making one, he gave me the inspiration for the final product. It took white decal paper, a pic of the emblem, a black technical pen and an hour of work for that one decal. This is a nice kit right out of the box, so I mostly just did detail painting. I made the AMG decals for the side of the air box and for the door sills. I added spark plug wires and a few hoses/lines for eye candy. I replaced the paper sticker seat inserts with fabric from wide plaid ribbon.

Whole album can be seen here: http://photobucket.com/albums/y15/cobalt1959/CLK-GTR/

Also added to the Mercedes-Benz page of my website. . .

See less See more
#7 ·
Any time you get your hands on a model, we don't have to see it to know it's gonna look great, Eddie! You didn't let us down once again - great pics too!

#11 ·
Great job Eddie! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob Now I am going to have to take mine appart. :giggle

What else did you pick up at H-L? :giggle

#13 ·
Al, I picked up three other ones, all Maisto's. A metallic maroon with black stripes '67 Camaro Z28, the yellow 2003 Mustang Cobra SVT and a dark metallic blue Lexus SC 430, all kits. Did you grab anything at the big Hobby Lobby diecast kit blow-out sale???

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I picked up a 1/6 Small block Chevy and a 1/6 Ford 427 SOCH (I could not find the race Hemi). A yellow Cobra SVT, which I will make into a convertible since I already have a hardtop and also a couple of Maisto 1/18 bikes to repaint/swap parts.

I was really tempted by the big scale Harleys and the 1/24 muscle cars, but I have sworn off any other scale (except the 1/6 engines) :giggle

I did not see any of the '67 Camaros. I would had bought one if they had them. Are you going to give it the Eddie treatment? :giggle

#15 ·
Al, I had the same quandry. I wanted the Ford "cammer" engine kit, and the Hemi kit, and the black Z06 kit, but I could only go 4, so something had to stay behind. I will do something to the Camaro, but it looks to me like Maisto couldn't decide whether they were doing a big block or a small block for it. . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.